Watch for Artists in our Parks from May 1 – October 30!
The Artists in our Parks program was launched in 2017 and encourages community building and enjoyment of local parks, and offers pop-up events for residents and visitors of all ages to enjoy. This program encompasses all types of artists from musicians, painters, theatre, dance and everything in between. Keep your eye out for performances in Pitt Meadows parks over the summer!
Are you an artist who would like to participate in the program?
Permits for Artists in our Parks will be available from May 1 – October 30. The $25 permit fee has been waived for the 2021 season. Select parks will have a maximum number of vendor permits issued per season. Artists interested in participating in the program are encouraged to contact the City at 604.460.6754 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Download and fill out the Artists in our Parks program application & regulations and read through policy No. C093. Email the completed form to email@example.com or drop it off at Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre during regular business hours. Please allow five (5) business days for processing and wait until you have an approved permit before advertising your participation in the program.
The City of Pitt Meadows is committed to developing a strong public art program that's accessible to the whole community and provides opportunities for local artists.
Why is a permit required?
- Only 1 or 2 musicians are able to perform at the same time (depending on location) and the City wants to ensure that all artists get a chance to participate
- We want to make sure that your work is the best fit for that park or other events happening at the same time
- To ensure that no large events are booked at the same time (ie: festivals, weddings etc.)
- The City has outlined in the guidelines appropriate use of these spaces (ie: no tents, no amplified sound etc.)
Am I allowed to perform/create in the park without a permit?
- No, according to the Artists in our Parks Policy No. C093, a permit is a mandatory requirement.
What types or art are included in this program?
- Music (acoustic only)
- Visual art
Please read the Artists in our Parks Policy and full guidelines for all the information on this program.
While no jurying of applications will take place, the City of Pitt Meadows Parks, Recreation and Culture dept. may refuse a permit based on the goals of the program.