Culture Days will take place from September 22 to October 15, 2023, for three glorious weeks of colour, creativity, and community. Culture Days is Canada’s largest public participation campaign for the arts! Celebrate arts, culture, and heritage in your community through free interactive events.
Public Art Search & Find
Discover the new community street banners and solve the printable activity sheet! Once you have completed this activity sheet, fill in your name and contact information and you will be entered into a prize draw. Have fun and enjoy the new public art in Pitt Meadows! Submit your completed activity sheet by October 15 to the Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre or email answers to email@example.com.
Pop-up Pitt Meadows Art Gallery
Patricia Gordon August 9 to October 5
Patricia paints her personal interpretation of what she sees. She loves the challenge of capturing light and reflection in her work. Her medium ranges from watercolour, pen and ink with oil rouging and most recently, acrylic painting.
Jessie Somers October 11 to December 14
Jessie's work celebrates the beauty of the west coast, through life forms and scenic views. Through colour, texture and layers, her work takes a closer look at some of the diverse forms of life inhabiting our natural spaces.
The Pop-Up PMAG is open to view in the lobby of City Hall, Monday to Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm or online at pittmeadows.ca/virtualgallery
Open Art Studio: Feature Artist Workshops
October 3 & 18 (Registration required)
Join Feature Artist Tina Davis in this interactive workshop for artists of all skill levels to learn valuable, practical techniques for expressive brushwork to foster a looser, more painterly approach to their artistic work
- Session 1 - October 3 , 9:30am - 11:30am , South Bonson Community Centre (Course ID# 12234)
- Session 2 - October 18, 6:00pm - 8:00pm , South Bonson Community Centre (Course ID# 12235)
Space is limited - register online for one session only at pittfitandfun.ca, by phone at 604.465.2470, or in person at the Family Recreation Centre located at 12027 Harris Road.
Pitt Meadows Museum - A Moment in Time
12294 Harris Road from 1:00pm to 4:00pm
- September 24 - The Great Outdoors. Create tree ring prints and animation bugs (moth, bee, butterfly and dragonfly).
- October 1 - A Pirate's Life for Me! This weeks craft is a ship in a bottle. Guests will be crafting a little boat out of clay, making a flag, and then putting it into a bottle.
- October 8 - Closed for Thanksgiving
- October 15 - It's a Jungle out there! The craft this week is a small animal biome craft. Guests will be creating little mini habitats for small plastic animals.
Pre-registration is not required. Drop-in anytime from 1:00pm to 4:00pm on these dates!
Visit pittmeadowsmuseum.com for more information
FVRL - Pitt Meadows Public Library
Thursday, September 21, 5:30pm to 7:30pm (Registration required)
Art Night with Watercolours (13+ years)
12099 Harris Road
Join us for Art Night! We will be experimenting with colours, wet and dry techniques, shapes and brushes. No experience is necessary and all supplies will be provided.
Space is limited - register online today!