Film applications are now being accepted. Please allow 5 business days for approval or 10 if you require RCMP onsite or need a pyrotechnic permit as part of your application.
The Natural Place to Film
Only a quick two hour flight from Hollywood, USA, there's a reason why the Greater Vancouver region is the third largest film production area in North America. Located outside Vancouver's "studio zone", production companies that film in Pitt Meadows are eligible for the BC Film Tax Credit.
The City of Pitt Meadows offers a wide range of filming locations. From the pristine waters of North America's largest tidal lake to a fast paced urban centre with a unique heritage area, this small yet progressive community boasts an astonishing array of locations. The growing film industry brings jobs and revenue to the city benefiting our community as a whole. Not to mention the positive impact on local businesses who are serving and meeting the needs of large production companies and film crews. Ever considered having your property in a motion picture? Apply with Creative BC to have your home listed as a possible location.
Interested in Applying for a Film Permit?
For questions or inquiries, please email email@example.com or call 604.460.6755. The Film office provides personalized location and permit assistance for filming in Pitt Meadows to ensure your filming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
Completed applications with full details must be submitted at least five (5) business days in advance of the proposed filming activity for proper review. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered. A deposit is required upon application (to be determined depending on filming activities) and all filming fees will be deducted from deposit.
*All production companies must hold a valid business licence, and film permit when filming in the City of Pitt Meadows.
Required Documents :
- Film Checklist
- Business Licence Application
- Film Permit Application
- Hold Harmless
- WorksafeBC approved Covid-19 Safety Plan
- Insurance Certificate evidencing a minimum of $5,000,000.00 comprehensive liability insurance, naming the City of Pitt Meadows as additional named insured
- Aerial Map Overlay Site Plan including: times, date(s), parking location(s), safety plan, and traffic management plan
- Filming Notification Letter
Depending on the filming activity, you may be required to provide additional information and/or complete one or more of the forms below. Contact the City's Film Liasion to determine which forms may apply to you.
- Highway Use Permit Application
- Noise Abeyance application (for production activities between 9:00pm and 7:00am)
- Fire - Pyrotechnics Permit (Bylaw No. 2673)
- Drone Use - Special Flight Operations Certificate from Transport Canada
- Filming in the Pitt-Addington Marsh also requires approval from the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development, contact Michael Vela at Michael.Vela@gov.bc.ca (please note: drone use is prohibited in the Pitt-Addington Marsh)
- Approval from Katzie First Nation (location dependent)
- Site safety visit with Fire Department
- If you're planning on filming at the Pitt Meadows Airport please contact their coordinator first to clear the location before submitting an application. Pitt Meadows Airport
Submit all completed forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once filming in Pitt Meadows has been completed, please submit the Film Wrap form.
|Film Permit Application||$300 (This includes a $150 non-refundable administration fee)|
|Business Licence||$111 ($55.50 if applied for after July 1)|
|Deposit||$2000 - $5000 depending on filming activities (required on application, film fees deducted from deposit)|
|Highway Use Permit||$100|
|Street Use Fee||$150|
|Film Inspection Fee||$78.75 (Including GST)|
|Municipal Sports Field||$1500/day|
|Use of Fire Hydrant||No use permitted|
|Police Fees||Varies per request, call for an estimate|
|GST #||10698 4305 RT0001|
There are many beautiful locations in Pitt Meadows! Updates on popular locations will be listed below:
- Filming in the Pitt-Addington Marsh also requires approval from the Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development, contact Michael Vela at Michael.Vela@gov.bc.ca (please note: drone use is prohibited in the Pitt-Addington Marsh - North of Koerner Rd.)
- Filming is currently not available at the Pitt Lake boat launch or parking lot.
- Moratorium at Osprey Village is still in affect
- For requests to film at the Pitt Meadows Airport; please receive approval from airport administration BEFORE sending an application in to our film office (contact Pitt Meadows Airport)
- Please keep in mind that the majority of locations on the north side of Lougheed Hwy are located on the ALR.