The Natural Place to Film
Only a quick two hour flight from Hollywood, USA, there's a reason why the Greater Vancouver region is the third largest film production area in North America. Located outside Vancouver's "studio zone", production companies that film in Pitt Meadows are eligible for the BC Film Tax Credit.
The City of Pitt Meadows offers a wide range of filming locations. From the pristine waters of North America's largest tidal lake to a fast paced urban centre with a unique heritage area, this small yet progressive community boasts an astonishing array of locations. The growing film industry brings jobs and revenue to the city benefiting our community as a whole. Not to mention the positive impact on local businesses who are serving and meeting the needs of large production companies and film crews. Ever considered having your property in a motion picture? Apply with Creative BC to have your home listed as a possible location.
Interested in Applying for a Film Permit?
For questions, inquiries, or to submit your application, please contact us! The Filming Coordinator provides personalized location and permit assistance for filming in Pitt Meadows to ensure your filming experience is seamless and enjoyable.
Please note: the Filming Coordinator is available Tuesdays & Fridays from 10 am to 2 pm. Please call 604-465-5285 during office hours or feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
Completed applications with full details must be submitted at least five (5) business days in advance of the proposed filming activity for proper review. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Business Licence Application
When filming in Pitt Meadows, it is required that all production companies hold a valid business licence.
Filming Policy & Bylaw
Please review our Film Fee Bylaw No. 2700 and Filming Policy C028 for information regarding the new Hot Spot Designations, City services, guidelines, fees, traffic management, application procedures, and other filming information.
|Film Permit Application||$300|
|Business Licence||$111 ($55.50 after August 1st)|
|Highway Use Permit||$100|
|Street Use Fee||$150 per day/road/parking lot|
|Film Inspection Fee||$78.75|
|Municipal Sports Field||$1500/day|
|Use of Fire Hydrant||No use permitted|
|Police Fees||Varies per request, call for an estimate|
|GST #||10698 4305 RT0001|
- Filming Fee Bylaw
- Business Licence Application
- Schedule A - Location Filming Permit Application
- Schedule D - Highway Use Permit Application
- Schedule E - Hold Harmless
- Schedule H - Grant Narrows and Pitt Addington
- Schedule I - Bordertown
- Bordertown and Codd Island
- Copy of Insurance Certificate evidencing a minimum of $5,000,000.00 comprehensive liability insurance, naming the City of Pitt Meadows as additional named insured
- Aerial Map Overlay Site Plan including: times, date(s), parking location(s), safety plan, and traffic management plan
- Filming Notification Letter
- Schedule K - Abeyance to Noise Control Bylaw No. 2138 (for production activities between 9:00pm and 7:00am)
- Fire - Pyrotechnics Permit (Schedule B, Bylaw No. 2673)
Depending on the filming activity you anticpate performing, you may be required to provide additional information and/or complete additional forms. Please contact the City's Filming Coordinator to determine which forms may apply to you.
- Highway Use Permit
- Pyrotechnic Permit
- Special Flight Operations Certificate from Transport Canada
- Approval from the Ministry of Environment, contact Eric Balke at Eric.Balke@gov.bc.ca
- Approval from Katzie First Nation
- Site safety visit with Fire Department