Call For Artists
This is a call for amateur to professional photographers to have their work on display and sale for this in-person and virtual exhibition.
Photographers are invited to submit up to two images for each of the following six themes to be juried; Landscapes, Black & White, Reflections, Street, People and Forgotten Objects. The photographer will be responsible for getting the selected images professionally printed, mounted/framed with hanging hardware - two weeks from the selection date have been allowed to complete this task. The final print size (including frame) will be no more than 24" x 20" to allow space for multiple pieces in this exhibition.
Deadline for Submission is January 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm
Exhibition Dates: February 6 to March 28, 2021
Selections made and Photographers contacted: no later than January 13, 2021
Selected works must be ready to hang and dropped off: Week of January 26, 2021
The Pitt Meadows Art Gallery accepts submissions on an ongoing basis for its six annual exhibitions and small dedicated Gallery Shop. PMAG is committed to supporting local and regional artists and artisans who would like to have their work featured in our beautiful gallery space.
We welcome submissions with the following criteria:
- All original visual art mediums including 2D and 3D
- All work must be exhibition ready; for 2D work it must be matted and framed, except gallery wrap canvas or stretched canvas, 3D work must have the appropriate supporting structures
- All work must have the appropriate hanging hardware; framed - wire, D-rings, screw eyes or sawtooth hangers. Canvas - D-rings or wires
- All work must be available for sale
- Artists under the age of 18 must provide a letter with parent/guardian consent
- High quality, handmade items from local (BC) origin. No commercially produced items will be accepted
- Non-perishable items. No live plant material or perishable food products will be accepted
- Each item requires a proper label, tag or packaging with company name/artist name, content, product description, size and care instructions (if applicable)
Please note: This is not a vendor market (no tents or tables to set-up). This is a Gallery Shop where staff and volunteers are responsible for merchandising and facilitating the sales.
How to Submit an Application
Download and compete either the Art Gallery Exhibition or Gallery Shop application form, along with the corresponding applications Appendix A and send via email or mail.
*Please note: Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Your completed application form with all supporting documents can be emailed to email@example.com or dropped off or mailed to:
Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre | Attn: PMAG | 12027 Harris Road | Pitt Meadows, BC, V3Y 2B5
We thank you in advance for your interest. Submissions will be considered as they are received. An email will be sent to confirm we have received your application. Only those applications which are chosen will receive an acceptance letter. Please be advised that the City of Pitt Meadows and the Pitt Meadows Art Gallery reserves the right to reject any submission, and select artwork, based on criteria established by the City of Pitt Meadows and the Pitt Meadows Art Gallery.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604.460.6754