Hosting a special event in the City of Pitt Meadows

Submitting an application provides the City with a summary of your event - whether it's a marathon, bike race,  fundraiser or any type of event that you'd like to hold on City property - we can help with the safety and success of it.

Prior to an event permit being approved, Staff will review your application in detail to ensure it meets our special event requirements and follows City bylaws. Staff will check on the availability of facility or park bookings and help guide you with any other requirements that may be needed.


  • Special event application
  • Insurance 

Depending on the type of event or requested location you may need to submit further information such as:

  • Facility booking request - if you're planning to use a City of Pitt Meadows facility or park space
  • Liquor licence
  • Metro Van approval - if your event will be on the Pitt River Regional Greenway (see map below)
  • Highway / Street use permit (for all events taking place on roads, sidewalks or dikes)

Event organizers are encouraged to submit their applications at least two (2) months prior to event date. 

It is the responsibility of the applicant to obtain any and all permits, licences and certificates that are required for the event and to provide copies of this documentation to the City of Pitt Meadows prior to the event.  The Special event Coordinator will give you more details on any of these requirements once your application has been received.

For any questions please email

Pitt River Regional Greenway map

Please Note: All fields must be completed before this form can be submitted.

Contact Information

Event Type & Description

Please tell us about your event.

Event Location, Dates & Times

Attendance & Activity Detail

Heath, Safety & Permits

Event Insurance

A minimum of $5 million Liability Insurance naming the City of Pitt Meadows and School District 42 is required for all events. Depending on your event activities and set up you may also be required to have your suppliers provide a certificate of insurance in the amount of $5 million naming the City of Pitt Meadows as an additional insured.

Depending on your power needs you may need to work with a registered electrician and may require an electrical permit from the BC Safety Authority
If yes, you will be asked to submit security, site and fencing plans, obtain written permission from the City of Pitt Meadows and, approval from the BC Liquor Control and Licensing Branch.
If yes, a permit may be required by the Fraser Health Authority.
If yes, a permit is required by the BC Gaming Authority.
Event organizers are encouraged to provide adequate restrooms for event guests and not rely solely on the facilities of neighbouring venues. Please describe how you will plan for washroom use at the event.
You may be required to obtain a temporary building permit which will include engineering drawings for any structures over 1000 sq. ft.
If yes, road closure permits will be required.
Please describe your proposed traffic and parking plan.

Waste Management

Event organizers are responsible for litter pick up, sorting of recyclables and removal of all waste created. Please provide details of your plan.

Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Privacy of Protection Act (FOIPPA). This information will be used for City of Pitt Meadows special event notification purposes and will not be disclosed to the public except as may be requested by law. Questions about the collection of use of this information may be directed to the Corporate Administration department, City of Pitt Meadows, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B5. Phone 604.465.5454.

Was this page helpful?

Yesthumb_up Nothumb_down