Bylaw Notice Dispute & Adjudication Process

Bylaw Offence Notices (or tickets) must be paid or disputed within 14 days of the ticket being issued or a deemed conviction will be entered and the full ticket amount will be due.   Please note that we do not accept ticket disputes over the phone and clerical staff at the front reception counter cannot address your disputes in person.

Submit a completed dispute form (the white form attached to the ticket) to the City of Pitt Meadows Bylaw department within 14 days from the date the Bylaw Offence Notice was issued.

Prior to submitting a dispute, please note:

  • A paid Bylaw Offence Notice cannot be disputed
  • Once you apply for an adjudication hearing, you can only cancel your application by paying your Bylaw Offence Notice (ticket) prior to the hearing
  • The adjudicator cannot reduce the ticket amount
  • A $25 administration fee is charged in addition to your ticket if your ticket is upheld by the adjudicator
  • The decision of the adjudicator is final. The decision of the adjudicator is based on facts and personal circumstances cannot be considered.


Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Was this page helpful?