The Parks, Recreation & Culture Department consists of several divisions that support parks, recreation, special events, and arts and heritage throughout the community. This diverse department provides opportunities to enhance community connections and encourages healthy and active living through participation in sports and recreation, seasonal programs and City events for residents of all ages.
- Operate the South Bonson Community Centreand Family Recreation Centre, including the state- mmunity Drop-in Youth Centre.
- Oversee sports fields and ice rentals for regional sports and user groups.
- Manage rentals of City facilities for community groups and public use.
- Maintain the City’s parks, sports fields, trails and open spaces.
- Oversee the volunteer-based Art Gallery including the programming of a diverse range of art exhibitions, the City’s Art in Public
- Places Program, as well as arts programming and education.
- Plan and execute special and signature events including Easter FUNday!, Pitt Meadows Day, Canada Day, Remembrance Day and Christmas in Pitt Meadows.
- Oversee annual Community Service Awards
- Recognition Program and Task Force.
- Manage partnerships with Pitt Meadows Museum, Ridge Meadows Seniors Society, and Katzie First Nation.
- Manage the City’s film permitting process and provide film liaison support.
Bio coming soon ...