September 22, 2020 - The Community Check-In Task Force is now concluded. This task force was created as a temporary initiatives in March in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to support residents in need in our community. Council wants to continue these important initiatives and will do so through forming a new committee. For more information, please watch the September 22, 2020 Council Meeting.
On March 30, 2020, Pitt Meadows Council established the Community Check-In Task Force (the “Task Force”) to assist youth, seniors and vulnerable citizens during COVID-19.
This Task Force will be reaching out with the goal of reducing isolation and facilitating referrals to appropriate resources. The Task Force will consist of members of Council, City staff and volunteers who will assist in accessing food delivery and pick-up services, ensuring personal safety, and enhancing social connections. Over the coming weeks, a resource listing guide will be developed.
Read the full media release introducing the Task Force. Click View May 12, 2020 Community Services Presentation to Council
Community Partner/Resource Presentations to Council:
- View the photo of the July 28 CCI TF meeting with the Task Force & Community stakeholders.
- View the July 21 presentation to Pitt Meadows Council by representatives from the Family Education Centre. Their full PowerPoint can be viewed here.
- View the full July 14 presentation to Pitt Meadows Council by representatives from the Fraser Valley Regional Library.
- View the full July 7 presentation to Pitt Meadows Council by representatives from the Foundry Ridge Meadows.
- View the full June 25 presentation to Pitt Meadows Council by representatives from the Friends In Need Food Bank.
- View the full June 2 presentation to Pitt Meadows Council by representatives from the Seniors Network and Ridge Meadows Seniors Society.
Community Check-In Task Force Resources:
Are you living alone, feeling alone or in need of support during these challenging times? The City of Pitt Meadows, in partnership with Community Services, wants to make sure you get the support you need. Whether it is providing a regular check in phone call to make sure you are okay or referring you to the many resources that are available, we are here to help. We are in this together.
If you would like to receive this kind of support or would like more information:
Call Community Services 604.467.6911
Supporting Services for: children, youth, individuals, families and seniors including legal resources, mental health, counselling, volunteering and referrals to further resources.
Friends In Need Foodbank – Pitt Meadows
Are you experiencing challenging times due to Covid? Our friendly neighbourhood Food Bank is here to make sure that residents that residents have what they need. It is as simple as calling 604-466-FOOD to register and then pick up your bag of groceries on a Tuesday or Wednesday morning
The Community Check-In Task Force – Connecting residents to resources!
Location: Grace Church (next to Foamers’ Folly) , 12240 Harris Rd, Pitt Meadows
Registration: by phone is required before you go.
Main line: 604-466-FOOD (3663) (extension 206 to register)
Pitt Meadows direct line: 604-460-4619
Pickup: Picture ID required on your collection day to receive service
Pitt Meadows Food Bank Hours:
Tues. 9:00am-12:30pm (last client in for service is 12:15pm)
Wed. 9:00am -12:00pm (last client in for service is 11:45am)
Fraser Health Resources
- Fraser Health Public Exposure Information: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
- Fraser Health Listing : COVID 19 Community Resources: All Fraser Health Communities
- Fraser Health Listing: COVID-19 Community Resources: Ridge Meadows (Maple Ridge & Pitt Meadows)