Council Meetings During the COVID-19 Pandemic
In accordance with Ministerial Order M192, Council Meetings continue to be held electronically using Zoom Video Conferencing at this time.
Council is on their August break with meetings scheduled to resume in September.
Community members can participate in Question & Comment Period during regular Council meetings in one of two ways:
1. CALL into the Council Meeting to participate live in the Question & Comment period:
View the livestreamed meeting by following the event link above, and use the information below the video feed to call into the meeting when it's time. You may need to click on 'Show More' to see all the text below the video feed.
An announcement will be made at the beginning of the meeting in advance of the first Question & Comment period, and near the end of the meeting for the second Question & Comment period.
2. Complete and SUBMIT this form:
Before submitting your question or comment to Council, please read the Question and Comment Guidelines.
A maximum of 15 minutes will be spent on each Question & Comment Period. Any questions received that are not addressed during the Council meeting will be forwarded to Council via email after the meeting.
At times we may experience technical difficulties with our livestreaming service. If you lose access to the livestream:
1. Close and restart the livestream
Refresh this page (Shift + F5) and try the link again for the livestream.
2. Participate Live using Zoom Webinar
You can join the Council meeting in the Zoom platform using your computer or mobile device. You will find the Zoom link below the livestream video feed on the YouTube channel (you may need to click on 'SHOW MORE' to see the information).
*If you're using a mobile device, you will need to download the Zoom app first.
*In order to engage in Question & Comment period on a computer, you will need a microphone on your device.
3. Listen to the meeting on your Phone (audio only):
You can use the call-in information below the livestream to join the meeting by phone. You may need to click on 'SHOW MORE' to see the information.
4. Submit Written Comments to Council
Submit your online question or comment by visiting pittmeadows.ca/submitquestionsandcomments.
Should you have any problems with registration, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Regular Council Meetings are held approximately twice a month and are broadcast live here on our website. See upcoming meeting dates and times below, along with archived Council agendas, minutes, and videos.
Engagement & Priorities Committee (EPC) meetings allow Council an opportunity to have two way dialogue with the community and City committees.
Community Engagement Protocol in General
The following guidelines will apply for those participants wishing to engage in two-way dialogue during the Engagement & Priorities Committee meetings.
- For each agenda item, once Council and Staff have had the opportunity to discuss the topic as presented, the floor will open for community engagement, for a maximum of 30 minutes per agenda item, or otherwise at the discretion of the Chair.
- Each guest will have an opportunity for up to five (5) minutes of dialogue with Council.
- Questions or comments must pertain to the current agenda item, and will not be permitted on items not yet presented or not on the agenda.
- Those appearing before Council must state their full name and city of residence, with the option to include other details such as address or neighbourhood, if it is helpful to the conversation.
- Those appearing before Council should address their questions or comments to the Chair.
- In cases where the Mayor is not presiding as Chair, the presiding member of Council will be addressed as Mr. or Madame Chair.
- The Mayor is to be addressed as Mayor Dingwall and Councillors by that Councillor’s surname preceded by Councillor.
When Council holds closed meetings in advance of a regular Council meeting, there is a requirement to hold a special pre-closed meeting. These are brief procedural meetings providing public notification that Council is about to enter into a "closed" meeting, including the purpose of the meeting as it relates to Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Agendas and attachments for the current Council meeting will be available after 4:00 p.m. the Friday afternoon preceding the meeting. Copies can be found at City Hall and online below. Council Minutes will be available on the City website two weeks following the meeting, subject to adoption by City Council.