All meetings, unless stated otherwise, are open to the public and broadcast live.
All council meetings are held at Pitt Meadows City Hall, at 12007 Harris Road.
Notice is hereby given that the Council for the City of Pitt Meadows will be considering adoption of their new Procedure Bylaw No. 2834, 2019 at the October 22, 2019 Regular Council Meeting. The meeting begins at 7:00 p.m. and will be held in the Council Chamber of the Pitt Meadows City Hall, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC.
This bylaw proposes to repeal and replace Procedure Bylaw 2690, 2015 (as amended) and would:
• add provisions for the Engagement & Priorities Committee;
• remove reference to the Council in Committee;
• update parameters for public engagement at Council and EPC meetings;
• update and clarify existing procedures;
• introduce general consent into Council’s procedures;
• update meeting schedule parameters;
• add provisions for electronic meetings in the event of an emergency; and
• update text, language and formatting.
The public is invited to submit comments in writing to the Corporate Officer, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC, V3Y 2B5 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
All comments submitted by 3:00 pm on October 22, 2019 will be provided to Mayor and Council prior to consideration of the bylaw. Persons wishing to comment on the bylaw in person will be provided the opportunity during Question & Comment Period near the beginning of the Council meeting.
A copy of the new Council Procedure Bylaw (and the original bylaw that will be repealed) is also available for viewing by visiting City Hall during regular business hours (Monday thru Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., with the exception of statutory holidays).
Regular Council Meetings are held several times a month and are broadcast live here on our website. See upcoming meetings dates and times below. You can also access archived Council agendas, minutes, and videos below.
These meetings allow Council an opportunity to have a direct connection with the committees and to hear recommendations on a regular basis. See upcoming meetings dates and times below.
Council Renames their Newest Committee as the Engagement & Priorities Committee
After considering community and staff feedback, Mayor and Council have decided the new name for the former Governance & Priorities Committee (GPC) will be the Engagement & Priorities Committee (EPC). For more information, please see the media release.
Community Engagement Protocol
The following guidelines will apply for those participants wishing to engage in two-way dialogue during the Engagement & Priorities Committee meetings.
- For each agenda item, once Council and Staff have had the opportunity to discuss the topic as presented, the floor will open for community dialogue, for a maximum of 30 minutes per agenda item, or otherwise at the discretion of the Chair.
- Each guest will have an opportunity for up to five (5) minutes of dialogue with Council.
- Questions or comments must pertain to the current agenda item, and will not be permitted on items not yet presented or not on the agenda.
- Those appearing before Council must state their full name and city of residence, with the option to include other details such as address or neighbourhood, if it is helpful to the conversation.
- Those appearing before Council should address their questions or comments to the Chair.
- In cases where the Mayor is not presiding as Chair, the presiding member of Council will be addressed as Mr. or Madame Chair.
- The Mayor is to be addressed as Mayor Dingwall and Councillors by that Councillor’s surname preceded by Councillor.
When Council holds closed meetings in advance of a regular Council meeting, there is a requirement to hold a special pre-closed meeting. These are brief procedural meetings providing public notification that Council is about to enter into a "closed" meeting, including the purpose of the meeting as it relates to Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas and attachments for the current Council meeting will be available after 4:00 p.m. the Friday afternoon preceding the meeting. Copies can be found at City Hall, the Pitt Meadows Library, and online below.
Council Minutes will be available on the City website two weeks following the meeting, subject to adoption by City Council.
Interested in making a presentation to Council?
A person wishing to appear as a delegation to Council must register a request in writing to the Corporate Officer's Office no later than 12:00 noon on Monday the week preceding the desired meeting. Supporting documents, letters or other material for distribution to Council must accompany the request. For more information, visit Delegations Requests.