Council Meetings During the COVID-19 Pandemic
In order to maintain the health and wellness of all Council members, City staff, and members of the public, we are changing the way we do Council meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be utilizing a video conferencing platform that will allow the meeting to take place virtually, instead of at City Hall.
The next Council meeting will be on June 2, 2020 at 7:00pm.
Questions or Comments for Council?
While City Hall is closed to the public in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, community members can participate in Question & Comment Period during regular Council meetings by sending an email to email@example.com.
A maximum of 15 minutes will be spent on each Question & Comment Period. Any questions received that are not addressed during the Council meeting will be responded to via email after the meeting.
Please download our email submission guidelines regarding emails for Question & Comment Period.
Regular Council Meetings are held several times a month and are broadcast live here on our website. See upcoming meetings dates and times below. You can also access archived Council agendas, minutes, and videos below.
These meetings allow Council an opportunity to have a direct connection with the committees and to hear recommendations on a regular basis. See upcoming meetings dates and times below.
Council Renames their Newest Committee as the Engagement & Priorities Committee
After considering community and staff feedback, Mayor and Council have decided the new name for the former Governance & Priorities Committee (GPC) will be the Engagement & Priorities Committee (EPC). For more information, please see the media release.
Community Engagement Protocol
The following guidelines will apply for those participants wishing to engage in two-way dialogue during the Engagement & Priorities Committee meetings.
- For each agenda item, once Council and Staff have had the opportunity to discuss the topic as presented, the floor will open for community dialogue, for a maximum of 30 minutes per agenda item, or otherwise at the discretion of the Chair.
- Each guest will have an opportunity for up to five (5) minutes of dialogue with Council.
- Questions or comments must pertain to the current agenda item, and will not be permitted on items not yet presented or not on the agenda.
- Those appearing before Council must state their full name and city of residence, with the option to include other details such as address or neighbourhood, if it is helpful to the conversation.
- Those appearing before Council should address their questions or comments to the Chair.
- In cases where the Mayor is not presiding as Chair, the presiding member of Council will be addressed as Mr. or Madame Chair.
- The Mayor is to be addressed as Mayor Dingwall and Councillors by that Councillor’s surname preceded by Councillor.
When Council holds closed meetings in advance of a regular Council meeting, there is a requirement to hold a special pre-closed meeting. These are brief procedural meetings providing public notification that Council is about to enter into a "closed" meeting, including the purpose of the meeting as it relates to Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Council Meeting Agendas
Agendas and attachments for the current Council meeting will be available after 4:00 p.m. the Friday afternoon preceding the meeting. Copies can be found at City Hall, the Pitt Meadows Library, and online below.
Council Minutes will be available on the City website two weeks following the meeting, subject to adoption by City Council.
Interested in making a presentation to Council?
A person wishing to appear as a delegation to Council must register a request in writing to the Corporate Officer's Office no later than 12:00 noon on Monday the week preceding the desired meeting. Supporting documents, letters or other material for distribution to Council must accompany the request. For more information, visit Delegations Requests.