Council Meetings During the COVID-19 Pandemic
In order to maintain the health and wellness of all Council members, City staff, and members of the public, we are changing the way we do Council meetings during the COVID-19 pandemic. We will be utilizing a video conferencing platform that will allow the meeting to take place virtually, instead of at City Hall.
The next Council meeting will be on September 15, 2020 at 7:00pm.
While City Hall is closed to the public in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, community members can participate in Question & Comment Period during regular Council meetings in one of two ways:
1. CALL into the Council Meeting to participate live in the Question & Comment period:
View the livestreamed meeting by following the Watch Live! link to the current meeting referenced above. To participate in question and comment period, please follow the steps noted on the livestream and located at the bottom left corner under the City's logo.
2. EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Emails received prior to the meeting will be read out during the first Question & Comment period, in the order that they are received. Emails received during the Council meeting, pertaining to decisions made by Council that evening, will be prioritized and read during the second Question & Comment Period.
Please review our email submission guidelines regarding emails for Question & Comment Period.
A maximum of 15 minutes will be spent on each Question & Comment Period. Any questions received that are not addressed during the Council meeting will be responded to via email after the meeting.
*Any personal information shared through Question & Comment submissions, including names and addresses, will become part of the public record and may be available online for public inspection as part of the City's electronic records. If you have concerns regarding your privacy, please call the Privacy Officer 604.465.2462.
Regular Council Meetings are held several times a month and are broadcast live here on our website. See upcoming meetings dates and times below. along with archived Council agendas, minutes, and videos.
Engagement & Priorities Committee (EPC) meetings allow Council an opportunity to have a direct connection with the committees and to hear recommendations on a regular basis. See upcoming meetings dates and times below.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Council meetings continue to be held electronically/virtually and livestreamed online, in accordance with Ministerial Order M192.
Community Engagement Protocol
The following guidelines will apply for those participants wishing to engage in two-way dialogue during the Engagement & Priorities Committee meetings.
- For each agenda item, once Council and Staff have had the opportunity to discuss the topic as presented, the floor will open for community dialogue, for a maximum of 30 minutes per agenda item, or otherwise at the discretion of the Chair.
- Each guest will have an opportunity for up to five (5) minutes of dialogue with Council.
- Questions or comments must pertain to the current agenda item, and will not be permitted on items not yet presented or not on the agenda.
- Those appearing before Council must state their full name and city of residence, with the option to include other details such as address or neighbourhood, if it is helpful to the conversation.
- Those appearing before Council should address their questions or comments to the Chair.
- In cases where the Mayor is not presiding as Chair, the presiding member of Council will be addressed as Mr. or Madame Chair.
- The Mayor is to be addressed as Mayor Dingwall and Councillors by that Councillor’s surname preceded by Councillor.
When Council holds closed meetings in advance of a regular Council meeting, there is a requirement to hold a special pre-closed meeting. These are brief procedural meetings providing public notification that Council is about to enter into a "closed" meeting, including the purpose of the meeting as it relates to Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Council Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and attachments for the current Council meeting will be available after 4:00 p.m. the Friday afternoon preceding the meeting. Copies can be found at City Hall, the Pitt Meadows Library, and online below. Council Minutes will be available on the City website two weeks following the meeting, subject to adoption by City Council.
Interested in making a presentation to Council?
A person wishing to appear as a delegation to Council must register a request in writing to the Corporate Officer's Office no later than 12:00 noon on Monday the week preceding the desired meeting. Supporting documents, letters or other material for distribution to Council must accompany the request. For more information, visit Delegations Requests.