Council Meetings During the COVID-19 Pandemic
As a result of the latest Public Health Order, Council has made the decision to revert to electronic Council meetings, effective immediately, until further notice.
The City will once again utilize a video conferencing platform that will allow the meeting to take place virtually, instead of at City Hall.
The EPC Meeting scheduled for April 20, 2021 has been postponed at this time.
The next Council meeting is scheduled for April 27, 2021.
Community members can participate in Question & Comment Period during regular Council meetings in one of two ways:
1. CALL into the Council Meeting to participate live in the Question & Comment period:
View the livestreamed meeting by following the event link to the current meeting listed below. To participate in question and comment period, please watch the livestream and follow the steps on the screen when prompted.
2. Complete and SUBMIT this form:
Before submitting your question or comment to Council, please read the Question and Comment Guidelines.
A maximum of 15 minutes will be spent on each Question & Comment Period. Any questions received that are not addressed during the Council meeting will be forwarded to Council via email after the meeting.
Regular Council Meetings are held several times a month and are broadcast live here on our website. See upcoming meetings dates and times below. along with archived Council agendas, minutes, and videos.
Engagement & Priorities Committee (EPC) meetings allow Council an opportunity to have a direct two way connection with the community and City committees.
Community Engagement Protocol in General
The following guidelines will apply for those participants wishing to engage in two-way dialogue during the Engagement & Priorities Committee meetings.
- For each agenda item, once Council and Staff have had the opportunity to discuss the topic as presented, the floor will open for community dialogue, for a maximum of 30 minutes per agenda item, or otherwise at the discretion of the Chair.
- Each guest will have an opportunity for up to five (5) minutes of dialogue with Council.
- Questions or comments must pertain to the current agenda item, and will not be permitted on items not yet presented or not on the agenda.
- Those appearing before Council must state their full name and city of residence, with the option to include other details such as address or neighbourhood, if it is helpful to the conversation.
- Those appearing before Council should address their questions or comments to the Chair.
- In cases where the Mayor is not presiding as Chair, the presiding member of Council will be addressed as Mr. or Madame Chair.
- The Mayor is to be addressed as Mayor Dingwall and Councillors by that Councillor’s surname preceded by Councillor.
When Council holds closed meetings in advance of a regular Council meeting, there is a requirement to hold a special pre-closed meeting. These are brief procedural meetings providing public notification that Council is about to enter into a "closed" meeting, including the purpose of the meeting as it relates to Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Council Meeting Agendas & Minutes
Agendas and attachments for the current Council meeting will be available after 4:00 p.m. the Friday afternoon preceding the meeting. Copies can be found at City Hall, the Pitt Meadows Library, and online below. Council Minutes will be available on the City website two weeks following the meeting, subject to adoption by City Council.
Interested in making a presentation to Council?
A person wishing to appear as a delegation to Council must register a request in writing to the Corporate Officer's Office no later than 12:00 noon on Monday the week preceding the desired meeting. Supporting documents, letters or other material for distribution to Council must accompany the request. For more information, visit Delegations Requests.