Update: September 17, 2021
Council is returning to Council Chamber on September 21 for in-person meetings.
Members of the public are welcome to join us at City Hall. There is limited seating available in the Chamber, with overflow seating available in the Meadows Room.
*Safety Protocol: masks must be worn by the public while in attendance, except while presenting during Question & Comment period. Hand sanitizer and washroom facilities will be available. Vaccine passports are not required for attendance at City Hall.
There’s a new look to our Council Meeting Page!
The City of Pitt Meadows has changed the software platform used for Council Meetings. All the information to access agendas, minutes and videos can still be found right here.
Starting September 21, 2021, watch the live stream of the current meeting, by clicking “Watch Live Stream” to the right of the meeting date.
Please note that the “Watch Live Stream” will appear immediately prior to the start of the Council meeting.
After September 21, 2021, in order to watch a previously recorded video, please select the ‘Video’ link contained in the date specific meeting site.
To view meeting agendas, minutes and videos prior to September 21st, please scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Council Meeting Archives”.
Community members can participate in Question & Comment Period during regular Council meetings in one of two ways:
1. Complete and SUBMIT this form:
Before submitting your question or comment to Council, please read the Question and Comment Guidelines.
A maximum of 15 minutes will be spent on each Question & Comment Period. Any questions received that are not addressed during the Council meeting will be forwarded to Council via email after the meeting.
2. In Person
Join us in City Hall Council Chamber [12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows] where you are welcome to ask questions or make comment directly with Council.
*Effective September 21, 2021 we will no longer be accepting telephone participation for Question and Comment Period.
Regular Council Meetings are held approximately twice a month and are broadcast live here on our website. See upcoming meeting dates and times below, along with archived Council agendas, minutes, and videos.
Engagement & Priorities Committee (EPC) meetings allow Council an opportunity to have two way dialogue with the community and City committees.
Community Engagement Protocol in General
The following guidelines will apply for those participants wishing to engage in two-way dialogue during the Engagement & Priorities Committee meetings.
- For each agenda item, once Council and Staff have had the opportunity to discuss the topic as presented, the floor will open for community engagement, for a maximum of 30 minutes per agenda item, or otherwise at the discretion of the Chair.
- Each guest will have an opportunity for up to five (5) minutes of dialogue with Council.
- Questions or comments must pertain to the current agenda item, and will not be permitted on items not yet presented or not on the agenda.
- Those appearing before Council must state their full name and city of residence, with the option to include other details such as address or neighbourhood, if it is helpful to the conversation.
- Those appearing before Council should address their questions or comments to the Chair.
- In cases where the Mayor is not presiding as Chair, the presiding member of Council will be addressed as Mr. or Madame Chair.
- The Mayor is to be addressed as Mayor Dingwall and Councillors by that Councillor’s surname preceded by Councillor.
When Council holds closed meetings in advance of a regular Council meeting, there is a requirement to hold a special pre-closed meeting. These are brief procedural meetings providing public notification that Council is about to enter into a "closed" meeting, including the purpose of the meeting as it relates to Section 90 of the Community Charter.
Agendas and attachments for the current Council meeting will be available after 4:00 p.m. the Friday afternoon preceding the meeting. Copies can be found at City Hall and online below. Council Minutes will be available on the City website two weeks following the meeting, subject to adoption by City Council.