The purpose of a public hearing is to give you an opportunity to voice your support or concerns on an issue before the Council.
Public Hearing - There are no Public Hearings at this time
How to Participate
- Written submissions are provided to Council prior to the Public Hearing.
- Submissions received after the deadline will be made available 'on table' for review at the Public Hearing.
- All submissions become part of public record.
- Submissions should be directed to the Corporate Officer's Office by:
- Email to email@example.com
- Drop off at City Hall (12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows) during regular business hours (8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday thru Friday)
- Mail to City of Pitt Meadows, Attn: Corporate Officer's Office, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B5
Day of the Public Hearing
- Every person attending the Public Hearing will be given the opportunity to be heard.
- If you wish to provide written comment but did not submit your correspondence by the deadline, please deliver it to the Corporate Officer at the Public Hearing.
During the Public Hearing
- Those who wish to comment at the Public Hearing are given an opportunity to do so, up to a maximum of three minutes each.
- After all participants have spoken, the floor will open to those who wish to speak a second time. The Public Hearing will continue until everyone who wishes to has the opportunity to speak, after which the Chair will close the meeting.
Speaking at the Public Hearing
- Council's role at the Public Hearing is to listen to the public. Council will not challenge your comments, but may ask questions for clarification.
- After the staff presentations, the Chair will invite comments from the floor .
- Those appearing before Council must state their full name, street, neighbourhood, and city for the record.
- Direct all your comments and answers to the Chair.
- Speak slowly and clearly into the microphone.
- Be prepared- speakers are limited to three minutes.