Public Hearing Information
The purpose of a public hearing is to allow affected citizens to provide their views to their elected officicals on the adoption of certain bylaws such as Official Community Plans and zoning amendments. All persons who believe that their interest in property is affected by a proposed bylaw that is subject to a public hearing will be afforded a reasonable opportunity to be heard.
There are no public hearings scheduled at this time.
There are several ways to take part in the Public Hearing:
1. Watch the Public Hearing Live
View the livestream by visiting pittmeadows.ca/councilmeetings.
2. Participate Live by Zoom Webinar
You can register online to use your computer, smart phone, or tablet to join the Public Hearing to share your comments directly with Council. After registering at the link above, you'll receive a confirmation email that will contain the Zoom webinar details you need to join the meeting on the scheduled date.
*If using a mobile device, please take a moment to download the Zoom app from the app store in advance. In order to make comment, you will need a microphone on your device
3. Participate Live by Phone
Register to phone in to the Zoom meeting to share your comments with Council.
4. Submit Written Comments to Council
Email: Send an email to email@example.com with the Public Hearing date in the subject line.
Mail: Mail your comments to the Corporate Officer at:
City of Pitt Meadows,
12007 Harris Road,
itt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B5
In person: Drop off your written comments at City Hall to the attention of the Corporate Officer.
Submissions received BEFORE 3:00 pm on the Thursday prior to the meeting will be included in the meeting agenda package. Submissions received AFTER this deadline, up until 3:00 pm on the day of the public hearing, will form part of an on-table circulation.
No representations on this proposed bylaw amendment will be received by Council after the conclusion of the public hearing. All oral and written submissions, including names and addresses, will become part of the public record which includes being made available for public inspection on the City’s website.
- Every person attending the Public Hearing will be given the opportunity to be heard.
- Council's role at the Public Hearing is to listen to the public. Council will not challenge your comments, but may ask questions for clarification.
- After the staff presentations, the Chair will invite comments from the public.
- The Chair will establish rules of engement and share that information with the public at the outset of the hearing.
- Those appearing before Council must state their full name, address, and general neighbourhood for the record.
- Direct all your comments and answers to the Chair.
- Speak slowly and clearly.
- Be prepared; speaker times will be limited, at the discretion of the Chair.