Public Hearing Information
The purpose of a public hearing is to allow affected citizens to provide their views to their elected officicals on the adoption of certain bylaws such as Official Community Plans and zoning amendments. All persons who believe that their interest in property is affected by a proposed bylaw that is subject to a public hearing will be afforded a reasonable opportunity to be heard.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The City of Pitt Meadows hereby gives notice that it will hold a public hearing as part of its Council Meeting on Tuesday September 21, 2021, starting at 7:00 pm, in the Council Chamber of the Pitt Meadows City Hall, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, B.C., to receive comments and submissions regarding the following proposed amendment to City of Pitt Meadows Zoning Bylaw 2505, 2011 and City of Pitt Meadows Official Community Plan Bylaw 2352, 2007
City of Pitt Meadows Official Community Plan Amendment Bylaw No. 2854, 2020
The intent of Bylaw No. 2854, 2020 is to amend the land use designation to Residential – Medium Density and the Development Permit Area to No. 9 Multi-Family Development.
City of Pitt Meadows Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 2855, 2020
The intent of Bylaw No. 2855, 2020 is to introduce a new Comprehensive Development O (CD-O) and rezone the property from RS (Large Lot Residential) to proposed CD-O (Comprehensive Development O), to permit the development of four townhouse units.
For more information, please click 'How to Participate'.
There are several ways to take part in the Public Hearing:
1. Watch the Public Hearing Live
View the livestream by visiting pittmeadows.ca/councilmeetings.
2. Submit Written Comments to Council
Email: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘September 21, 2021 Public Hearing Submission’ in the subject line.
Mail: Mail your comments to the Corporate Officer at:
City of Pitt Meadows, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B5
In person: Drop off your written comments at City Hall to the attention of the
Submissions received BEFORE 3:00 pm on the Thursday prior to the meeting will be included in the meeting agenda package. Submissions received AFTER this deadline, up until 3:00 pm on the day of the public hearing, will form part of an on-table circulation.
3. Attend In Person to Give Comment
Join us in Council Chamber at City Hall to make your comments in person.
Where: 12007 Harris Road, Council Chamber
When: 7:00 p.m.
No representations on these proposed bylaw amendments will be received by Council after the conclusion of the public hearing.
All oral and written submissions, including names and addresses, will become part of the public record which includes being made available for public inspection on the City’s website.
- Every person attending the Public Hearing will be given the opportunity to be heard.
- Council's role at the Public Hearing is to listen to the public. Council will not challenge your comments, but may ask questions for clarification.
- After the staff presentations, the Chair will invite comments from the public.
- The Chair will establish rules of engement and share that information with the public at the outset of the hearing.
- Those appearing before Council must state their full name, address, and general neighbourhood for the record.
- Direct all your comments and answers to the Chair.
- Speak slowly and clearly.
- Be prepared; speaker times will be limited, at the discretion of the Chair.