The purpose of a public hearing is to give you an opportunity to voice your support or concerns on an issue before the Council.
Notice of Public Hearing
TAKE NOTICE THAT as part of the Regular Agenda, a Public Hearing will be held in the Council Chamber of the Pitt Meadows City Hall, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC on Tuesday July 23, 2019 at 7:00 pm. to consider the following amendment to Zoning Bylaw No. 2505, 2011, the Zoning Bylaw for the City of Pitt Meadows:
The purpose of the proposed amendment and properties affected are as follows:
Unit 110 - 19100 Airport Way - (PID: 028-360-494) - Building 100 of Phase 1
- to permit the processing, drying, storing, packaging or testing of hemp with cannabidiol (CBD)
Unit 703 & 704 - 19055 Airport Way - (PID: 025-907-867) - Building 700 in Phase II
- to permit the processing, drying, storing, packaging or testing of hemp without cannabidiol (CBD)
The recommendations will be open for public comment and Council consideration at the Public Hearing on Tuesday July 23, 2019. The Council Meeting begins at 7:00 pm, with the public hearing component of the meeting commencing shortly thereafter.
Public Hearing Information:
|Reports||Staff Report to Council / May 2, 2019|
Council Minutes, May 28, 2019
Staff Report to Council, June 18, 2019
|Notice of Public Hearing|
Second Notice of Public Hearing
- Written submissions are provided to Council prior to the Public Hearing.
- Submissions received after the deadline will be made available 'on table' for review at the Public Hearing.
- All submissions become part of public record.
- Submissions should be directed to the Corporate Officer's Office by:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drop off at City Hall (12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows) during regular business hours (8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday thru Friday)
- Mail to City of Pitt Meadows, Attn: Corporate Officer's Office, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B5
- Every person attending the Public Hearing will be given the opportunity to be heard.
- If you wish to provide written comment but did not submit your correspondence by the deadline, please deliver it to the Corporate Officer at the Public Hearing.
- Those who wish to comment at the Public Hearing are given an opportunity to do so, up to a maximum of three minutes each.
- After all participants have spoken, the floor will open to those who wish to speak a second time. The Public Hearing will continue until everyone who wishes to has the opportunity to speak, after which the Chair will close the meeting.
- Council's role at the Public Hearing is to listen to the public. Council will not challenge your comments, but may ask questions for clarification.
- After the staff presentations, the Chair will invite comments from the floor .
- Those appearing before Council must state their full name, street, neighbourhood, and city for the record.
- Direct all your comments and answers to the Chair.
- Speak slowly and clearly into the microphone.
- Be prepared- speakers are limited to three minutes.