Residents are welcome to request information from the City. To make an informal request, contact the department you think may have the information you are looking for. Please review the listing of typical records produced by a local government to determine which department your request falls under.
Making a Freedom of Information (FOI) Request
If the information you are seeking is not routinely available by the department, you can make a formal Freedom of Information (FOI) request for records.
To make an FOI request:
- Requests must be made in writing (e-mails are acceptable) indicating the records you want.
- Be sure to describe the records as carefully and explicitly as possible.
- Please specify whether you want to receive copies of the records or to view the records in person.
- Deliver, mail, fax, or email your written FOI request to the following:
Deputy Corporate Officer
City of Pitt Meadows
12007 Harris Road
Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B5
Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner
The Office of the Information & Privacy Commissioner (OIPC) provides independent oversight and enforcement of B.C.'s access and privacy laws. Learn more about their mandate, jurisdiction, and how they can help you.
Please review the listing of typical records produced by a local government to determine what information is available to you without an FOI request. You may also choose to submit your request using the form supplied by the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act FOI Application Form.
The Freedom of Information & Privacy Act states that the City may charge fees for the costs of providing applicants with records.
- Commercial applicants must pay the actual cost of providing the service.
- Non-commercial applicants must pay $7.50 per quarter hour, after the first three hours, for locating, retrieving and preparing records for disclosure.
Additional fees such as photocopying and shipping also apply. If there are costs involved in processing a formal request, we will provide an estimate before processing your application.