Making a Claim Against the City

If you have suffered damages and you believe that the City of Pitt Meadows may be responsible, you must submit written notice of your claim within two months of the date when the damages were sustained.

To submit written notice of your claim, you must complete and return a Notice of Claim Form (PDF).

  • Name
  • Mailing address
  • Phone number(s)
  • Date and approximate time of incident
  • Location of incident (be as specific as possible)
  • Description of damages or injury (provide any invoices if available)
  • Description of incident
  • Description of cause of incident and why you believe the City is responsible
  • Names of Witnesses, City employees, or any other persons involved, if applicable
  • Photographs of any property damage, if applicable / available.

Submit your notice of claim to:
The City of Pitt Meadows
Corporate Officer's Office
Attention: Kate Barchard
12007 Harris Road
Pitt Meadows, BC  V3Y 2B5

When we receive your claim...

  • An investigation is commenced
  • You will receive a written acknowledgement of your Notice of Claim
  • A decision will be made upon the completion of the investigation
  • You will be notified in writing of the decision

A thorough investigation of your claim may take several weeks.  Please direct any inquiries about your claim to the Administration Department by emailing Tanya Barr. Please note: The City of Pitt Meadows will only pay claims where it is considered legally liable for the damages that you have sustained. 

Was this page helpful?