Payments by cash, cheques/money orders made payable to the City of Pitt Meadows will be accepted at:
- Most chartered banks in Canada
- Credit Unions in B.C. and participating Trust Companies
- City Hall from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday (Post-dated cheques and debit card payments are accepted at City Hall)
- City Hall Letter Drop Box (after office hours) located at the west side main entrance doors
- or mailed to:
City of Pitt Meadows
12007 Harris Road
Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B5
- Please note that credit cards are not accepted.
Online payments can be made through your participating bank or credit union. Add "City of Pitt Meadows" as a payee and use your folio number (without the decimal) as the account number.
You may want to consider paying your taxes through the Tax Pre-payment Plan.
The Tax Pre-payment Plan is a preauthorized payment plan that allows taxpayers to contribute a fixed monthly payment towards next year's taxes. It is not for paying the current year's taxes. You are eligible to join the plan if all property taxes have been paid in full. If you are already on the plan, please do not fill in a new Authorization Form (starting in August of each year, we will continue taking out payments unless otherwise notified).
Why should I participate?
Many people find it difficult to make a single large tax payment that becomes due once a year. Monthly installments make it easier to budget for.
Prepayments authorized by the Municipality will receive interest at a rate of 2% below Scotiabank's quarterly prime rate -- a far better rate than most savings accounts!
There are no cheques to write. One authorization is all that is required for a series of payments to be made automatically. You may stop making payments at any time, by providing two weeks written notice.
How does the Plan work?
Ten monthly payments will be processed on the 5th day of each month (or the following business day) starting in August and ending the following May. No payments will be processed in June and July.
The monthly payment will be calculated by dividing the most recent tax levy (net of the Home Owner Grant) by ten. You may choose to have a lesser monthly payment. If you need assistance in determining this amount, please contact the Tax Department.
The annual tax notices that are mailed each year towards the end of May will show that year's tax levies less the total prepayments that you have made and the interest that you have earned. You will then be responsible for the difference as well as for ensuring that the Home Owner Grant is claimed by the due date.
The following details must also be taken into account regarding this Plan:
- If you change your bank account, please advise the Tax Department or complete the Notice of Bank Account Change form and provide a new VOID cheque, at least two weeks before the next payment date (fax okay).
- If your property is sold, you must inform the Tax Department in writing at least two weeks in advance of the next payment. Pre-payments are non-refundable.
- If you sell your property, we will provide you with a Tax Certificate that will show the total of your Pre-payments. This information should be given to your solicitor who should take it into account when making the final adjustments to your sales transaction.
- Any changes to the plan including increasing or decreasing the pre-authorized payment amount, requires a signature and must be made in person at City Hall during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday).
- To cancel the pre-payment on your taxes complete this form Notice of Cancellation.
Each payment will be treated as if it had been paid by a cheque. If any payment is not honored by your financial institution, a $25 returned cheque charge will apply and the Municipality has the option to cancel your membership in the plan.