Deadline for Submission: December 2019
The City of Pitt Meadows has an immediate and ongoing need for contract art instructors to teach regular after school and children’s art classes on an ‘as needed ‘basis. This is an excellent opportunity for artists and educators experienced in teaching fine art concepts and techniques to children. A flexible schedule during school hours and access to transportation is beneficial. As our need for instructors is immediate, applications will be considered as they arrive. Applications will continue to be accepted and considered for future opportunities.
• Delivers / teaches fine art programming to students of various ages. Responsible for providing all necessary program supplies, along with general set-up and clean-up, before and after programs.
• Prepares program plans for specialized fine art programs as requested, including developing program material resources (such as examples, worksheets, digital presentations) and preparing activities.
• Organizes structure of programs.
• Monitors progress of students, provides assistance and encouragement, and paces programs to meet students’ needs.
• Maintain clear communication with internal staff.
The ideal candidate will be a post-secondary graduate in Fine Arts, Art History, Art Education, Education or a related discipline with a good understanding of contemporary fine arts. A minimum of 1 year teaching experience, preferably in an arts related field with additional experience delivering hands-on art activities for children and adults. Able to work with minimal supervision, and able to organize and plan for current and future programs simultaneously. The successful candidate will possess effective written communication skills and the ability to maintain confidential information. This position may require travel to off-site locations. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
A Vulnerable Persons Check will be required prior to any in-class sessions being delivered.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to schedule an interview please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include details about the programs you would like to offer in 2019, including a written description.
The City and Contractor agree to share gross revenue with the following split: 70% to the Contractor and 30% to the City. Revenue means net revenue exclusive of sales tax. Contractors can set their own rates.
Contact Name: Tracee Jung
Contact Phone: 604-465-3763