City Hall Customer Service is temporarily open to the public from June 15 to July 3, 2020 during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) for property tax payments.
Safety precautions will be in place, including physical distancing, one-way traffic flow, and designated entrance and exit doors. Please stay home if you are feeling unwell. Read the full media release here.
Property Taxes Due July 2 – How to Pay
There are several convenient ways to pay your taxes. Property tax payments and Home Owner Grant applications are due on Thursday, July 2, 2020.
The last day to pay taxes without penalty is September 30, 2020. A late tax payment penalty of 10 per cent will be applied to outstanding amounts on October 1, 2020.
- Online banking – Add “City of Pitt Meadows” as a bill payee and your folio number (without the decimal) as your account number.
- In-person banking – Pay your property taxes at most chartered banks, credit unions and participating trust companies.
- Mail – Cheques can be mailed to City of Pitt Meadows 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC V3Y 2B5.
- Secure City Hall drop box (located at the west side main entrance door to City Hall).
- In person at City Hall – City Hall Customer Service will be temporarily open to the public from Monday to Friday during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.) for property tax payments. Safety precautions will be in place. Please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
COVID-19 Financial Relief Grant
The City’s COVID-19 Financial Relief Grant, a one-time grant of $150 for a single-family home and $100 for a multi-family home, is applied automatically to every private individually owned tax account with a Class 1 Residential designation. The amount at the bottom of your notice is the amount due.
If you do not require the reduction in your property tax bill and wish to decline the one-time grant (i.e. you wish to pay the full amount of your residential property taxes without a $100 or $150 reduction), please send an email with the subject line “Waive Grant” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your folio number and the access code from your Property Tax Notice.
Provincial Home Owner Grant - Due by July 2, 2020
The Home Owner Grant reduces the amount of property tax you pay for your principle residence. If eligible, you must apply every year for the grant by:
- Completing the application at the bottom of your Tax Notice and dropping it in the City Hall drop box or mailing it, or
- Applying online at mypittmeadows.com.
Visit pittmeadows.ca/taxes for more information.
Please call 604-465-2418 or email email@example.com, if you need assistance.