The City of Pitt Meadows monitors current river levels using gauges in three locations:
- Alouette Gauge (Alouette River)
- Baynes Gauge (Fraser River)
- Fenton Gauge (Pitt River
Mission Gauge – Flood Preparation
In addition, the City monitors data from the Mission gauge, which shows the Fraser River level at Mission.
Flooding in Pitt Meadows is largely determined by what is happening in the Cariboo region coming through Prince George via the Fraser River. Flooding will typically show up in Mission first. Flood response planning is based on Mission gauge levels.
- View the Government of Canada’s real-time river level data for the Mission gauge.
- View the City’s Flood Response Plan based on Mission gauge levels.
- Find flood preparation information.
- Stay informed.
- Find other emergency preparedness resources.