Open House and New Fire Hall Info Session - Oct 19!
Come check out the equipment and plans for the new Fire Hall!
To work as a team serving the city of Pitt Meadows by protecting life, property and the environment from fire and other risks.
The City of Pitt Meadows Fire Rescue Services hosts its own website to ensure training priorities including testing are updated and kept in a private setting for volunteer firefighters. We also provide information related to emergency preparedness, upcoming events, current stats, history of the department, photo gallery of recent fires and events, apparatus and department profiles, and several other interesting fire related topics. Please visit our site at pittmeadowsfire.com.
Watch the Pitt Meadows Fire & Rescue Services - 2018 Year In Review Video
The video highlights training, responses to incidents and community service/events throughout the year.
The video was created by PMFRS members Sean Staples and Chris Luke.
Updates and News
- On July 30, 2019, conceptual designs for the new firehall were presented to Council. Next steps will include a detailed design and a public information session in the fall. The report is available here.
- On March 5, 2019, following months of careful analysis, Pitt Meadows City Council decided to rebuild the fire hall on the existing site. A variety of factors were considered in selecting this site including: emergency response times, access, neighbourhood impacts, building costs and site size.
- On January 12, 2016, Council received a report from Dugal Smith & Associates, who provided a review of fire and rescue services in Pitt Meadows. The report is available here.
Our Core Values
High Risk Smoke Alarm Campaign
The City of Pitt Meadows Fire & Rescue Service, in cooperation with the Fire Chiefs' Association of BC and the Province of British Columbia, is offering a program whereby seniors and people living with disabilities can request a free smoke alarm for their household and/or assistance with testing any existing smoke alarms in the home.
Research has shown that the elderly, disabled, and other at-risk populations face the highest risk of dying in a residential fire. It is recommended that one smoke alarm be installed on every level of a home. Through this program, the intent is to allow individuals at higher risk to continue to live independently and safely in their homes.
In order to request a visit from the Pitt Meadows Fire & Rescue Service and installation of a new smoke alarm, or testing of an existing one, download and fill out the application form. For more information on the program, visit the Pitt Meadows Fire & Rescue Service website.
For additional assistance or information please contact Pitt Meadows Fire Department at 604.465.2401 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on recruitment and the process of applying to become a Paid-On-Call firefighter with the Fire and Rescue Service, visit pittmeadowsfire.com/recruitment. This page will be updated when the department is actively accepting applications.
Members of the public or outside agencies may apply to receive copies of Pitt Meadows Fire & Rescue Service incident report (information includes: date, time, location, details of incident with names blacked out for confidentiality). FOI (Freedom of Information) requests must be made from the Corporate Officer's Office (please see contact info provided below).
All requests for Fire Service information must be submitted in writing to:
Pitt Meadows Fire & Rescue Service
12007 Harris Rd
Pitt Meadows, BC
or email: Administration
or fax: 604.465.1195
Include with your request the following information:
- Your company name, address, and contact name
- The reason for the request
- Phone number where you can be reached during the day
- Names of parties you are representing (where applicable)
- Your file or case number (where applicable)
- Type of incident (fire, motor vehicle incident, etc.)
- Date and time that the incident occurred
- Address or location of incident
- Names of all persons involved (if known)
- Fire Service case number (if known)
- A copy of consent must be provided for third party representation. Scanned copies are acceptable.
An invoice from the City of Pitt Meadows will be mailed to you for a File Search Fee.
Requests can also be made through our Corporate Office for FOI (Freedom of Information) Requests. Please contact our Deputy Clerk at 604.465.2433.