New Fire Hall Groundbreaking
April 26, 2021 - Mayor Bill Dingwall and Fire Chief Mike Larsson recognized the start of construction of the new Fire Hall during a small groundbreaking ceremony.
“On behalf of City Council, I am very proud to see construction begin on this much needed new Fire Hall for our community,” says Mayor Bill Dingwall. “With public and firefighter safety as our top priority, the new state-of-the-art facility will provide a healthy work environment with important training facilities and a modern Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) for first responders and EOC staff. It will also enhance communications and services during emergencies in our region and has space to meet the needs of our community for decades to come.”
Construction of the new three-storey, 25,270 square-foot post disaster rated facility with a four-storey hose tower, four tandem bays, and the City’s new Emergency Operations Centre is scheduled to be complete by late summer of 2022.
Read the full media release here.
Construction of New Cell Tower and Decommissioning of Old Cell Tower
April 2021 - In order to accommodate construction of the new Fire Hall, the a new communications tower was built slightly to the west and the old tower was decommission and removed. This work was completed in late April of 2021.
|Old Fire Hall (built in 1983 )||Rendering of the new Fire Hall|
Demolition of the Old Fire Hall
August 2020 - Demolition of the old 1983 Fire Hall was completed during the summer of 2020 in order to accomdate construction of the new hall.
The community is invited to join Mayor and Council on a virtual final tour of the old hall to reflect on its many years of service to this community, and to watch the building walls come down as we embark on the next chapter for our Fire Department.
Read the full media release here.
Media Releases and Council Presentations
- Media Release: Mayor and Fire Chief Break Ground on New Fire Hall (April 26, 2021)
- On December 1, 2020 Council approved the recommendation to award to Jacob Bros. Construction Inc. the construction contract for the new fire hall.
- Media Release: Video to Celebrate Old Fire Hall as Demo Nearing Completion (August 31, 2020)
- A Development Variance Permit application for the new Fire Hall was submitted to Council on July 8, 2020.
- Design, cost estimates and timeline of construction for the new fire hall was presented at Council meeting on March 10.
- Media Release: Temporary Fire Hall Location Chosen (February 24, 2020).
- Media Release: Council Endorses Fire Hall Conceptual Design (August 8, 2019).
- On July 30, 2019, conceptual designs for the new fire hall were presented to Council. Next steps will include a detailed design and a public information session in the fall. The report is available here.
- On April 30, 2019 Council approved the recommendation to award to Johnston Davidson Architects & Planning for the design, tender, contract administration, and close-out for the new fire hall.
- Media Release: Pitt Meadows Council Selects Location for New Fire Hall (March 7, 2019)
- On March 5, 2019 Council approved a re-build of the new fire hall on the current site.
- The decision to replace the aging fire hall was made November 28, 2017 following a report by Johnston Davidson Architecture & Planning that showed the high need for a new facility.
For more information, visit the project page: