In June, the City of Pitt Meadows launched a review of the City’s current police services model to examine how local RCMP resources can be deployed to enhance service and responsiveness to citizens in the community.
The City of Pitt Meadows presented the police services review and recommendations to the community on February 18, 2020. This follows the recent completion of the RCMP Polices Services Review by an independent consultant.
The review examines three possible options:
1) Option One: Status Quo – maintains the current integrated Ridge Meadows RCMP Detachment model. There would be no change to service delivery.
2) Option Two: Service Level Agreement – maintains joint services model but with local leadership and more service and resources allocated to the Community Police Office in Pitt Meadows.
3) Option Three: Autonomous Pitt Meadows RCMP Detachment (recommended) – a more accountable independent RCMP detachment with services tailored to community needs.
Engagement & Priorities Committee
Police Services Review | Feb 18
On February 18, the findings of the review were presented, along with recommendations on what the best model for policing services is for Pitt Meadows. Residents were invited to learn more, ask questions, and provide comments.
When: Tuesday, February 18 at 7pm
Where: Heritage Hall (12460 Harris Rd, Pitt Meadows
For those unable to attend, a video of the meeting is available to view here: Engagement & Priorities Meeting (February 18, 2020). If you are having trouble viewing the video on your browser, please use the "download" option.
Residents can also provide comments online at haveyoursaypittmeadows.ca until March 1.
All comments received will be collected and shared with Council to help inform their decision.
Updates and Reports:
- Agenda: Engagement & Priorities Committee Meeting, February 18, 2020 - February 14, 2020
- Media Release: Public Invited to Hear Recommendations of Police Services Review - February 10, 2020
- Media Release: City of Pitt Meadows and City of Maple Ridge Working with Ridge Meadows RCMP Detachment to Launch Policing Service Review - June 27, 2019