The My Waste app is being discontinued as of June 14, 2019 and replaced with the Recycle Coach app. To get the same great information and services for your waste and recycling collection reminders, please download the Recycle Coach app, then delete the My Waste app. Download the new app today, for iOS or Android. For more information, visit recyclecoach.com.
Garbage and Food/Yard Waste
Garbage is collected bi-weekly and Food/Yard Waste is collect weekly on your service day by Waste Management of Canada.
For schedule and collection guidelines, download your 2019 - 2020 Waste Management Guide.
Missed a garbage or green waste collection pick up? Call Waste Management at 604.520.7800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For missing or damaged carts, please call contact the City of Pitt Meadows Public Works Department at 604.465.5454.
Extra Garbage/Green Waste Bag Tags - Residents with extra garbage or green waste that is needing pickup in addition to regular garbage or green waste cart can purchase tags for pick up. The cost is $5 each and they are available for purchase at City Hall and at the Shoppers Drug Mart, Pitt Meadows branch. Up to two tags at each regular garbage/green waste service day.
Green Bin Tip! Keep plastic liners out of your Green Bin, even if they claim to be “compostable” or “biodegradable”. These items can cause operational problems and may not break down properly during processing. Instead, use paper bags or newspaper.
The City of Pitt Meadows does not manage curbside recycling collection - it is a service provided free to residents by Recycle BC. Curbside recycling is picked up once a week by Smithrite.
Questions regarding recycling collection should be directed to Smithrite at 604.282.7967 or email@example.com
Download your 2020-2021 Pitt Meadows Recycling Guide. The Recycling Guide outlines how to sort your recycling, shows what is not accepted, and includes a collection calendar. You can also download the Recycle BC app from Google Play or the iTunes App Store to access your collection schedule online, search for depots, and sign up for reminders. For more information, see Recycle BC.
Ever wondered where your recycling ends up? Read this informative article: What Happens to My Recycling?
More recycling and disposal information:
- Large item pick up: Ridge Meadows Recycling provides a fee-for-pickup service and will pick up any large, recyclable item(s) within the Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows area, including mattresses, fridges, freezers, stoves, furnaces, hot water tanks, barbeques, washers, dryers, TVs, computers, dishwashers, and other large appliances or electronics.
- Mattresses and other furniture items can also be picked up and recycled through Canadian Mattress Recycling for a fee. Disposal: Langley or Maple Ridge Transfer Centre.
- Click here for Drywall Disposal Information. Once the drywall is placed is doubled bagged in the clear gypsum program pages, it can be dropped off at either Maple Ridge transfer station or at New West Gypsum Recycling. Pick is available through Green Coast Rubbish.
- TVs, computers, printers, small electronics appliances such as fans, vacuums, microwaves, foam packaging, cardboard, paint, batteries and more can be returned to the Pitt Meadows Bottle & Return-It Depot.
- Junk removal services: Just Junk, 1-800-Got-Junk, Got Rubbish?