Garbage and Food/Yard Waste
Garbage is collected bi-weekly and Food/Yard Waste is collect weekly on your service day by Waste Management of Canada. See the Waste Management Guide for schedule and collection guidelines:
- Missed a garbage or green waste collection pick up? Call Waste Management at 604.520.7800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For missing or damaged carts, please call contact the City of Pitt Meadows Public Works Department at 604.465.5454.
- Extra Garbage/Green Waste Bag Tags - Residents with extra garbage or green waste that is needing pickup in addition to regular garbage or green waste cart can purchase tags for pick up. The cost is $5 each and they are available for purchase at City Hall and at the Shoppers Drug Mart, Pitt Meadows branch. Up to two tags at each regular garbage/green waste service day.
- Green Bin Tip! Keep plastic liners out of your Green Bin, even if they claim to be “compostable” or “biodegradable”. These items can cause operational problems and may not break down properly during processing. Instead, use paper bags or newspaper.
The City of Pitt Meadows does not manage curbside recycling collection - it is a service provided free to residents by Recycle BC. Curbside recycling is picked up once a week by GFL Environmental. Questions regarding recycling collection or replacement bins/bags should be directed to GFL at 604.282.7967 or email@example.com.
The Recycling Guide outlines how to sort your recycling, shows what is not accepted, and includes a collection calendar. You can also download the Recycle BC app from Google Play or the iTunes App Store to access your collection schedule online, search for depots, and sign up for reminders. For more information, see Recycle BC.
- Ever wondered where your recycling ends up? Read this informative article: What Happens to My Recycling?
- Have a solid waste complaint? Need to report illegal dumping? Visit Report a Problem.
Recycling and Disposal Information
Pitt Meadows is a beautiful community, surrounded by rivers, mountains and natural spaces. Stopping illegal dumping is a community effort. Let’s work together to keep Pitt Meadows clean, safe, and beautiful.
Renovating? Learn how to properly dispose of construction and demolition waste, including used drywall and gypsum. Once the drywall is doubled-bagged in the clear gypsum program bags, it can be dropped off at either Maple Ridge Recycling and Waste Centre or at New West Gypsum Recycling. Pick is available through Green Coast Rubbish.
Large Items and Furniture
Large item pick up: Ridge Meadows Recycling provides a fee-for-pickup service and will pick up any large, recyclable item(s) within the Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows area, including mattresses, fridges, freezers, stoves, furnaces, hot water tanks, barbeques, washers, dryers, TVs, computers, dishwashers, and other large appliances or electronics.
TVs, computers, printers, small electronics appliances such as fans, vacuums, microwaves, foam packaging, cardboard, paint, batteries and more can be returned to the Pitt Meadows Bottle & Return-It Depot.
The My Waste app is being discontinued as of June 14, 2019 and replaced with the Recycle Coach app. To get the same great information and services for your waste and recycling collection reminders, please download the Recycle Coach app, then delete the My Waste app. Download the new app today, for iOS or Android. For more information, visit recyclecoach.com.