Water Restrictions Starting May 1
Water restrictions are part of the regional Water Shortage Response Plan set by Metro Vancouver. Region-wide sprinkling regulations help us use and preserve our drinking water wisely when water use is higher than usual and the weather is dry.
From May 1 to October 15, Stage 1 watering restrictions are in effect. This means residents can only water lawns on specific days and times. For residential lawn watering, even-numbered addresses Wednesday, Saturday mornings 4 am to 9 am; odd-numbered addresses Thursday, Sunday mornings 4 am to 9 am.
Water Restrictions Do Not Apply to the Use of Rainwater, Grey Water or Any Forms of Recycled Water.
Learn More About Conserving Water
- Drinking Water Conservation Plan Bylaw No. 2787, 2018
- Watering Regulations Stages 1-4 (PDF)
- Drinking Water Conservation Plan (PDF)
- Metro Vancouver's Water Conservation Tips
- Provincial Water Conservation