Access, Permits & Maintenance


Lougheed Highway 

The Lougheed Highway is maintained by the Province of BC.   Concerns relating to traffic signals, potholes, road issues etc. on Lougheed Hwy, should be directed to Mainroad Contracting by calling 604.271.0337.   This number is available 24 hours a day.   For more information, visit the Mainroad website.  

Road Access Permits

Road Access Permits are required when any new access needs to be made to the local road system (e.g. putting in a new driveway, culvert etc.).  To find out more about Road Access Permits, please contact the Engineering Department 604.465.2428, Monday through Friday (8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)

Capital Works Projects

In 2018, the City of Pitt Meadows will be facilitating five initiatives to enhance our vibrant community with an increased focus on public safety.  Check out which Capital Works Projects we'll be focusing on and where!

Road Conditions

Do you have any questions or concerns about potholes, dust on gravel roads, debris on roads, or icy conditions?  Contact the Public Works Department Monday through Friday by calling 604.465.5454 or for after-hours Emergency Service 604.465.2465.  Alternatively, you can now report non-emergency issues by visiting Report a Problem!  

Launch Report a Problem

Highway (Road) Use Permit

A Highway Use Permit is necessary for a variety of types of development and business operations, including:

  • Building Permit (including Demolition)
  • Soil Removal & Deposit Permit
  • Monitoring Well Permit
  • Off-site Works
  • Overloaded/Oversized Vehicle Permit
  • Bin Permit

Snow Removal

Working together, both the City and residents can help keep our community clear of snow and ice so everyone can get around safely.   

View priority route maps, publications, and our Frequently Asked Questions.


Street Sweeping Schedule

Keeping Our Streets Clean

As part of city street maintenance, the City of Pitt Meadows conducts a street sweeping program.  Main routes are maintained once every month, and a full sweep of all streets is done in the spring and fall.

During sweeping, resident cooperation is vital to allow the work to be done efficiently and effectively.  This includes removing vehicles, basketball hoops, and other objects from the curbside for the sweeping truck on designated days.  Please note the following dates for street sweeping beginning May 2018 thru to April 2019:

  • May 1 and 15, 2018
  • June 1, 2018, Pre-Pitt Meadows Day Sweep
  • July 16 thru July 20, 2018 Full Sweep
  • Aug 13 and 14, 2018
  • Sept 10 and 11, 2018
  • Oct 15 and 16, 2018 
  • Nov 12 thru Nov 16, 2018 Full Sweep
  • Dec 10 and 11, 2018
  • Jan 14 and 15, 2019
  • Feb 11 and 12, 2019
  • March 11 and 12, 2019
  • April 15 thru April 19, 2019 Full Sweep

Download the schedule of sweeping to see what day your street is expected to be completed.  Please note that sweeping will begin at 7:30am and continue through until 3:30pm.

2018 Street Schedule

Traffic Calming in Pitt Meadows

What is traffic calming?  

Traffic calming is the implementation of engineering measures to influence driver behaviors within residential neighbourhoods in an effort to address speeding, short-cutting, or other safety issues.  The goal of traffic calming is to improve safety and the quality of life of a neighborhood without compromising the accesses to residents’ homes and businesses. 

These measures come in various forms to suit each unique scenario and problem, including vertical deflection (raised crosswalks, speed humps, etc.), horizontal deflection (curb extensions, traffic circle, etc.), and obstructions (raised median, right-in/right-out island, etc.).   Together these safety features, along with traffic education , afford our residents a sense of safety in their own neighbourhood.

If you have concerns regarding traffic calming in your neighbourhood, review the policy below to determine next steps.

Was this page helpful?

Yesthumb_up Nothumb_down