Please feel free to connect with the City’s Environmental Department regarding any of the following:
- Soil and fill activities – preload for developments, farm roads, diking, raising land elevations
- Riparian areas protection and management
- Vegetation - tree retention, cutting, general inquiries
- Invasive and noxious species (vegetation and wildlife)
- Works that alter a stream, ditch, wetland and/or its adjacent riparian areas
- Development review / feedback with an environmental lens
- Climate change initiatives
- Stewardship and engagement initiatives related to the environment and/or sustainability
Compliance & Enforcement
Compliance with all bylaws, regulations and legislation (e.g., municipal, regional, provincial and federal) is required. In the event of a violation, suspension orders, fines and/or other measures may be applicable.
Metro Vancouver Regional District (MVRD) regulates air quality in our region. Complaints / concerns should be submitted through MVRD’s Air Quality Complaint department by calling 604.436.6777 or complete their online form.
Provincial Natural Resource & Conservation Officers
If you would like to report a violation regarding pollution, wildlife, fish and fish habitat, riparian areas, trees, please contact 1.877.952.7277 or #7277 (RAPP) Option 1.
If you would like to report a violation regarding concerns over the Water Sustainability Act (eg: water licenses, changes in and about a stream, etc.), forests, heritage and/or wild fire, please contact the Province by calling 1.877.952.7277 or #7277 (RAPP) Option 2.
Alternatively, you can complete an online report by visiting https://forms.gov.bc.ca/environment/rapp/.
Agricultural Land Commission (ALC)
If you would like to report a violation and/or suspicious activities on ALR land, please contact the ALC.