The City of Pitt Meadows has adopted zoning amendment bylaws related to cannabis cultivation, production, sales and consumption.
The City of Pitt Meadows bylaws:
- permit the cultivation of cannabis within the Agricultural Land Reserve in accordance with the provincial and federal regulations;
- in all other zones the cultivation, processing, drying, storing, packaging, distribution or testing of cannabis requires special permission; and
- prohibit all retail sales of cannabis in Pitt Meadows. The City will consider cannabis retail licenses on a case-by-case basis according to Council Policy C108.
The City has also updated its Business Licensing and Regulation Bylaw to include a category for production, testing, processing, packaging, distribution, or storage of cannabis.
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions below:
How do I report cannabis odours?
For questions about cannabis in Pitt Meadows contact the Planning Department at 604-465-2428.
- Government of Canada: What you need to know about cannabis
Find information about legalization, regulation, possession, traveling, consumption, growing and impaired driving.
- Province of BC: Get cannabis clarity
Find information about what’s legal, travel, use, legislation, industry, enforcement and growing.
- Health Canada: Medical use of cannabis