Regulations around the size and siting of houses within the Agricultural Land Reserve (ALR) a can be found within the City of Pitt Meadows Zoning Bylaw No. 2505 and the Agricultural Land Reserve Use Regulation. Regulations around the removal of soil from, or the placement of fill on, agricultural land for a farm use or for a principal residence use are also outlined in the ALR Use Regulation.
In order to assist in the interpretation of the regulations, the Agricultural Land Commission (ALC) has provided the following information bulletins:
- Information Bulletin 05 – Residences in the ALR
- Information Bulletin 06 – Accommodation for Tourists in the ALR
- Information Bulletin 07 – Soil and Fill Uses in the ALR
- Policy L-25 – Manufactured Homes in the ALR
- Policy L-26 – Non-Adhering Residential Uses Policy
For further questions or clarification around what is permitted on farmland within the ALR, please contact the Planning Department, at 604-465-2428.