The City is actively monitoring updates from local, provincial and federal health authorities and is committed to taking further action as directed by these agencies to protect the safety of residents. Updates will be posted on the City’s social media channels and pittmeadows.ca/covid19.
Public Health Information
For health-related concerns and information regarding COVID-19 , please contact:
- 811 (HealthLinkBC) or 1-888-COVID-19 (1-888-268-4319) or text 604-630-0300.
- Fraser Health Authority
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
- Public Health Agency of Canada
November 10, 2020 - City Suspends Group Recreation Programs and Facility Rentals
September 11, 2020 - City Hall Reopening September 14
August 26, 2020 - Pitt Meadows Seniors Centre Reopening for Select Programs
August 13, 2020 - Pitt Meadows Museum Reopens to Visitors with Safety Guidelines
July 31, 2020 - Phased Reopening Plans for Recreation, Cultural Facilities, Programs and Services
July 24, 2020 - Pitt Meadows Arena Reopening for Organized Skill Development
July 13, 2020 - Pitt Meadows Reopens Fields to Sport User Groups
June 25, 2020 - Council Approves Temporary Patios and Outdoor Retail Space to Support Businesses
June 19, 2020 - Celebrate Canada Day in Pitt Meadows!
June 16, 2020 - Harris Road Spray Park Opening June 18
June 15, 2020 - The City of Pitt Meadows Celebrates 2020 Graduates
June 11, 2020 - City Hall Opening Monday June 15 to July 3 for Tax Payments
June 9, 2020 - Regional coordination of re-opening dates (Inter Municipal COVID-19 Update)
May 29, 2020 - Pitt Meadows Reopens Playgrounds June 1
May 28, 2020 - Celebrate Pitt Meadows Day from the Comfort and Safety of Home
May 22, 2020 - Pitt Meadows Reopens Sports Courts and Outdoor Amenities
May 8, 2020 - Harris Road Outdoor Pool to Remain Closed for Summer
May 6, 2020 - City Council Delays Property Tax Penalty Date to October 1
May 5, 2020 - City Exercises Financial Prudence During COVID-19
April 29, 2020 - City Launches Residential Grant Program to Ease Financial Burden of COVID-19
April 23, 2020 - Community Check-In Task Force Established for Youth, Seniors and Vulnerable Citizens
April 20, 2020 - City Launches “Shop Local” Online Initiative in Support of Local Business
April 20, 2020 - Message from CAO: Prioritizing Essential Services, Ensuring Financial Prudence and Protecting Jobs
April 7, 2020 - City of Pitt Meadows Launches Local Business and Services Listing
March 31, 2020 - Mayor Dingwall's interview with CKNW on physical distancing and City efforts
March 26, 2020 - Pitt Meadows Day Event Postponed until Fall
March 25, 2020 - City Requests Tax Deferrals and Financial Supports from Province
March 25, 2020 - Council Establishes Economic Resiliency Task Force
March 24, 2020 - City Bylaws Department Ramps-up Proactive Education to Enhance Compliance of Physical Distancing Requirements
March 23, 2020 - Message from Mayor, Bill Dingwall: Use of 9-1-1 System for Emergencies
March 22, 2020 - Press Release from the Ridge Meadows Hospital Physician Engagement Society
March 20, 2020 - State of Local Emergency Officially Enacted
March 20, 2020 - City Submits Formal Documentation to Minister of Public Safety to Declare a Local State of Emergency in Response to COVID-19
March 16, 2020 - City Closes Facilities and Cancels Events, Until Further Notice, to Prevent Spread of COVID-19
What is the City is doing
To help prevent the spread of the virus, the following measures have been implemented:
- Declared a State of Local Emergency to provide the City with extraordinary powers to enforce public safety measures in support of guidelines from the Provincial Health Officer;
- Activated the City’s pandemic and business continuity plan to ensure that we can maintain our core services such as water, sewer and fire;
- Activated the City’s Emergency Operations Centre;
- Provided remote access tools for key staff to work from home;
- Enhanced Bylaw services; and
- Continuing to keep the community informed.
City services will continue to be available online at mypittmeadows.com.
City Hall is open to the public with safety protocols in place. All visitors must wear a mask. Please do not visit if you are sick, have travelled recently, or have been exposed to COVID-19. Use the BC Covid-19 Self-Assessment Tool if you need guidance.
What you can do
- stay home unless absolutely necessary;
- keep two metres or six feet away from everyone;
- wash your hands frequently;
- and remind your loved ones of the same directives.
Parks, Recreation and Arts Programming, and Facilities and Rentals
For the most up-to-date information visit pmparksandrec.ca
The Minister of Public Safety and Solicitor General is utilizing powers under the Emergency Program Act to keep British Columbians safe and support the Province’s ongoing response to COVID-19. On March 26, a ministerial order that enables bylaw officers to support enforcement of the provincial health officer’s orders was enacted.
Contact information for reporting:
Contact Fraser Heath at email@example.com or 604-587-3936 to report any businesses in the following categories that are not adhering to current BC Government public health orders and Fraser Health Medical Officer orders:
- Food and drink establishments offering dine in.
- Personal service establishments, such as salons, spas, tattoo shops, and massage places, that are open to the public or otherwise offering services.
- All indoor fitness facilities including weight training, gymnastics or martial arts facilities, yoga or dance studios, and other similar sport or exercise facilities. This includes fitness facilities in Strata complexes.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 604-465-2428 ext. 2 to report the sale of essential goods (medical supplies, masks, cleaning supplies) at an unconscionable price or to report concerns related to other businesses within Pitt Meadows and concerns around Provincial Health Order violations from event organizers, venues or individuals.
Workers who have concerns regarding social distancing at their workplace should address them directly with their employer, visit worksafebc.com, or call Worksafe BC directly at 1-888-621-7233.
To report quarantine complaints, contact the RCMP at email@example.com, or the Non-Emergency Line at 604-463-6251.
Violation Tickets for Unsafe COVID-19 Behaviour:
- Fines of $2,000 can be applied to owners, operators and event organizers.
- Fines of $2,000 can be applied to organizers of events.
- Fines of $2,000 can be applied to owners of vacation accommodation.
- Fines of $200 can be applied to individuals.
Violation tickets can be issued by:
- Police officers
- Community safety unit
- Liquor and cannabis inspectors
- Gaming inspectors
- Conservation officers
Reporting Possible Violations
To report concerns around Provincial Health Order violations from event organizers, venues or individuals, contact your local government’s bylaw office.
Local bylaw officers can help follow up on concerns, and engage police departments and WorkSafeBC as necessary.
If you are unable to reach a local bylaw office, contact your local police department’s non-emergency line. Calling 9-1-1 is only appropriate in serious situations.
Please note that given the dynamic nature of the pandemic, the information above is subject to change.
Beginning September 14, the City will begin reopening select facilities, programs, and services using a phased approach with the safety of residents and staff as a top priority. Learn more here.
- June 1, 2020: Pitt Meadows Reopens Playgrounds
- July 13, 2020:Pitt Meadows Reopens Fields to Sport User Groups
- August 3, 2020: Pitt Meadows Arena for organized skill development.
- August 19, 2020: Pitt Meadows Museum with safety protocols.
- September 8, 2020: Ridge Meadows Senior Centre with select programs.
- September 14, 2020: City Hall Reopens
- September 14, 2020: Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Fitness Centre and Afterschool Kids Gym program. Facility Rentals at Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre, South Bonson Community Centre, and Heritage Hall.
- September 15, 2020: Open Art Studio at South Bonson Community Centre.
- September 19, 2020: Pitt Meadows Arena Registered Skating Lessons and Pitt Meadows Art Gallery Exhibit (in-person and online).
- September 28, 2020: Registered Adult Fitness at Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre and South Bonson Community Centre.
- October 13, 2020: Select registered Gym Sport Programs will resume.
Playgrounds, sports courts, the skate park and BMX track are open to users with user guideline signs posted that include maintaining physical distance from other users, washing/sanitizing hands before and after use and staying home if unwell. The spray park and pool remain closed.
The Fire Hall and the Public Works Yard are still closed to the public at this time. Our eServices let you access City accounts and services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also email or phone us Monday to Friday 8:30am- 4:30pm. For the lasted news, information and updates from the City visit our website and follow us on social media!
The City of Pitt Meadows has enhanced Bylaw services in response to COVID-19. Bylaw staff are proactively monitoring sites throughout the community to ensure that the Provincial Health Officer’s orders are being followed. They will continue to liaise with the Ridge Meadows RCMP as required. The most efficient way to report an infraction to bylaws is to call 604.465.2428 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the vast terrain of the City of Pitt Meadows, Bylaws is working hard to prioritize and respond to complaints that come in.
Please see more information, below about how to report a public health order concern.
As part of proactive measures to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus and ensure safety, the City will be implementing the following permitting and inspection procedures until further notice: Permitting/Inspection Interim Protocols.
In light of the recent closure of City Hall to the public, business licence applications can be dropped in the drop box at City Hall (12007, Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, BC, V3Y 2B5) or emailed to email@example.com. For more information and to obtain an application, visit pittmeadows.ca/businesslicence.
City Hall is now reopened to the public.). Our eServices let you access City accounts and services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can also email or phone us Monday to Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm. For the lasted news, information and updates from the City visit our website and follow us on social media!