The Annual Community Service Awards Program was established in 2019 to recognize and honour outstanding contributions and achievements of groups, organizations and individuals in Pitt Meadows.
By recognizing those who are leading the way and enhancing our community well-being, these awards foster a culture of excellence in Pitt Meadows and inspire others.
We celebrate excellence in six categories of achievement that benefit everyone by making Pitt Meaodws a better place to live.
Nominate an individual, group or organization. There are six categories to choose from: Against the Odds Achievement, Business of the Year, Community Service, Community Service (Youth - 18 and under), Good Neighbour, and Spirit of Pitt Meadows recognizing Outstanding Resident of the Year.
- Against the Odds Achievement. To recognize individuals who achieve excellence despite the special challenges they face.
- Community Service. To recognize exemplary leadership and outstanding community service provided without regard for personal gain. This award encompasses: coaching; volunteerism; arts and cultural contributions; teaching; environmental and humanitarian champions; significant acts of philanthropy or heroism; advocates for community inclusion; and other noteworthy endeavours.
- Community Service (Youth – 18 and under). For demonstrating exemplary leadership in community service. This award is intended to recognize the positive contributions of a young member of the community, who has provided outstanding service to the community without regard for their own personal gain. Each year, the City gives two awards each valued at $500; there is one award for each category of 13 to 15 year olds and 16 to 18 year olds.
- Good Neighbour Award. For an individual, who has contributed to their neighbourhood community through a single act of kindness, to multiple good deeds benefitting many people.
- Business of the Year. To recognize local businesses that, on a regular basis, contribute to the overall quality of life in Pitt Meadows through endeavours that support community service, programs or events, and/or foster positive relationships with volunteer groups or activities.
- Spirit of Pitt Meadows recognizing Outstanding Resident of the Year. Recognizing the contributions of one individual for their overall outstanding community service, dedication and commitment to improving the quality of life for the citizens of Pitt Meadows. This individual has dedicated many years of service to the community; volunteerism will leave a lasting legacy, and provides informal leadership resulting in the betterment of the City.
- Nominations by immediate family members and self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Current members of City Council may not submit a nomination nor be eligible to receive an award.
- Current members of the Task Force may not submit a nomination nor be eligible to receive an award.
- Current City employees may submit a nomination for other individuals but are not eligible to receive an award.
- To be eligible for an award, the nominee must be: a resident of Pitt Meadows or, in the case of a business, operating from a Pitt Meadows location; and a positive role model for the community.
To make a nomination for this year’s awards, please fill out the nomination form and submit it: in person to City Hall Reception; via email to email@example.com; or by mailing a paper copy to: Community Service Awards Program, City of Pitt Meadows, 12007 Harris Road, Pitt Meadows, V3Y 2B5.
The deadline to submit a nomination is 4:30 pm on Friday, September 13, 2019.
Community Service Awards Task Force
The City is also recruiting members of the community to be part of the citizen-led task force who will review all nomination packages and select the award recipients.
To apply, please complete the online application form.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 pm on Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
Winners will be announced and presented with their awards later this fall. Stay tuned for more information.