2022 Community Service Awards nominations are open until September 30, 2022.
Nominate an individual, group, or organization. There are six categories to choose from:
- Against the Odds Achievement Award. To recognize individuals who achieve excellence despite the special challenges they face.
- Community Service Award. To recognize exemplary leadership and outstanding community service provided without regard for personal gain. This award encompasses: coaching; volunteerism; arts and cultural contributions; teaching; environmental and humanitarian champions; significant acts of philanthropy or heroism; advocates for community inclusion; and other noteworthy endeavours.
- Community Service Youth (18 and under). For demonstrating exemplary leadership in community service. This award is intended to recognize the positive contributions of a young member of the community, who has provided outstanding service to the community without regard for their own personal gain. Each year, the City gives two awards each valued at $500.
- Good Neighbour Award. For an individual, who has contributed to their neighbourhood community through a single act of kindness, to multiple good deeds benefiting many people.
- Business of the Year Award. To recognize local businesses that, on a regular basis, contribute to the overall quality of life in Pitt Meadows through endeavours that support community service, programs or events, and/or foster positive relationships with volunteer groups or activities.
- Spirit of Pitt Meadows Award recognizing Outstanding Resident of the Year. Recognizing the contributions of one individual for their overall outstanding community service, dedication and commitment to improving the quality of life for the citizens of Pitt Meadows. This individual has dedicated many years of service to the community; volunteerism will leave a lasting legacy, and provides informal leadership resulting in the betterment of the City.
- Nominations by immediate family members and self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Current members of City Council may not submit a nomination nor be eligible to receive an award.
- Current members of the Task Force may not submit a nomination nor be eligible to receive an award.
- Current City employees may not submit a nomination for other individuals nor be eligible to receive an award.
- To be eligible for an award, the nominee must be: a resident of Pitt Meadows or, in the case of a business, operating from a Pitt Meadows location; and a positive role model for the community.