The Official Community Plan (OCP) is a long range (20 year) guide for the municipality that helps Council in making decisions on matters such as land use and growth, transportation, agricultural preservation, economic development, and housing. The OCP works together with the Regional Growth Strategy (RGS), administered by Metro Vancouver, the regional government body, and must be consistent with the RGS.
Reviewing our Official Community Plan: Latest Status
After over two years of extensive engagement to draft the new Official Community Plan (OCP), the project is in the final adoption phase. The City would like to thank the community for their input throughout this project. The plan is being revised to incorporate feedback received on October 20, 2020 in a special Council workshop with staff. The City is also taking steps to work with the Katzie.
Once the plan is complete it will return to Council for second and third reading. The final step will be a public hearing, where everyone who wishes to speak will be heard by Council prior to their final decision.
Stay tuned for more information on our website and social media channels.
For a summary and overview of the OCP review process including where we are at and what we have heard so far visit, I See Pitt Meadows 2040: Official Community Plan Update.
Overall, reviewing and updating the OCP is a six-phase process that is taking place over approximately two years. For more information, please see the Detailed OCP Update Timeline.
Council Reports and Presentations
- Official Community Plan: First Reading, July 21, 2020
- Pitt Meadows 2040: Official Community Plan Review Council Update, July 2019
- Community Engagement Visioning Summary and Draft Official Community Plan Vision, February 2019
- Official Community Plan Public Consultation Strategy, April 2018
- Official Community Plan 2018 Review Scoping Report, November 2017
For your convenience, the following sections have been extracted to facilitate a quicker download.
- Section 1 - Introduction
- Section 2 - Community Overview
- Section 3 - Regional Context Statement
- Section 4 - Policies
- Section 5 - Land Use Designations
- Section 6 - Development Permit Areas
- 6.1 Development Permit Area No. 1
Environment & Wildfire Protection
- 6.2 Development Permit Area No. 2
Pitt Meadows Marina
- 6.3 Development Permit Area No. 3
- 6.4 Development Permit Area No. 4
- 6.5 Development Permit Area No. 5
- 6.6 Development Permit Area No. 6
- 6.7 Development Permit Area No. 7
- 6.8 Development Permit Area No. 8
South Lougheed Commercial
- 6.9 Development Permit Area No. 9
- 6.10 Development Permit Area No. 10
North Lougheed Commercial
- 6.11 Development Permit Area No. 11
- 6.12 Development Permit Area No. 12
Barnston View Road
- 6.1 Development Permit Area No. 1
- Schedule 1 - Urban Containment Boundary & Agricultural Land Reserve
- Schedule 2 - Green Zone
- Schedule 3A - Urban Land Use
- Schedule 3B - Rural Land Use
- Schedule 4A - Urban Road Network
- Schedule 4B - Rural Road Network
- Schedule 5A - Urban Cycling and Trail Network
- Schedule 5B - Rural Cycling and Trail Network
- Schedule 6A - Urban Water Network
- Schedule 6B - Rural Water Network
- Schedule 7 - Sanitary Sewer Network
- Schedule 8 - Drainage Catchment Areas
- Schedule 9 - Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- Schedule 10 - Floodplain Map
- Schedule 11A - Urban Community Heritage Register Buildings
- Schedule 11B - Rural Community Heritage Register Buildings
- Schedule 12A - Urban Development Permit Areas
- Schedule 12B - Rural Development Permit Areas