PITT MEADOWS, BC – Be inspired this holiday season with a variety of in-person and virtual activities throughout Pitt Meadows. The festive season officially begins in Spirit Square (šxʷhék̓ʷnəs) with the Christmas in Pitt Meadows event on Friday, December 3 from 5:30 to 8:30pm.
“We are excited to return to safe in-person events for the holidays this year in time for our beloved Christmas in Pitt Meadows event,” says Mayor Bill Dingwall. “We are also pleased to bring back the second annual Holiday Lights Tour, the popular Pitt Meadows Art Gallery Pop-Up Shop, and the Winter Wonderland skating event. As we start to turn the corner from these challenging times, we look forward to enjoying all of the bright lights and holiday decorations around the community and creating treasured festive memories that will last a lifetime.”
December’s activity schedule includes:
- Christmas in Pitt Meadows – Spirit Square (šxʷhék̓ʷnəs) will be transformed into a magical Christmas village on December 3 from 5:30 – 8:30pm. Activities include photos with Santa, rides on the holiday train, road hockey, main stage musical entertainment, a presentation of the 2021 Community Service Awards, and the annual tree lighting ceremony. Residents will enjoy food and refreshments in covered, heated seating areas including food trucks, coffee and hot chocolate, popcorn by MLA Lisa Beare, and hot dogs by the Lion’s Club. Global BC is proud to be a community event sponsor of Christmas in Pitt Meadows.
- Holiday Lights Tour and Contest – Enjoy homes lit up with Christmas lights throughout the neighbourhoods of Pitt Meadows and vote for your favourites! Submit your home to participate in the tour at haveyoursaypittmeadows.ca/holidaylights.
- Zoom Calls with Santa – For families that are unable to visit Santa in person at our outdoor Christmas in Pitt Meadows event, he is hosting ZOOM calls the next day! Register your child for a five-minute Zoom call. Available to Pitt Meadows residents only, registration is required and limited to one call per family. Fee is by donation with proceeds going to the Friends In Need Food Bank.
- Winter Wonderland Skate – Participate in a festive skate at Pitt Meadows Arena as the rink is decorated for this annual event on December 22 and 23. Cost is $2 per person plus skate rental fees. Visit pittmeadowsarena.com for more information.
- Christmas at PMAG - Holiday Art & Artisan Pop-Up Shop. Shop local this Christmas at the Pitt Meadows Art Gallery (PMAG) with unique handmade local treasures from over 70 local artists and artisans. The exhibit opens in person on November 13 and runs until January 9, 2022. It can also be viewed online at pittmeadows.ca/pmag.
“The City is proud to support the Friends In Need Food Bank this year through donations made to the Zoom calls with Santa initiative,” says Chief Administrative Officer Mark Roberts. “During this season, the bulk of donations typically come from the CP Holiday Train event, which is being held virtually again this year. As a result, the City has found creative ways to support this vital community partner.”
Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre will be accepting donations to our local Friends In Need Food Bank from November 29 to December 16. Canned foods, infant formula/baby foods, diapers, personal hygiene products, and bathroom tissue are a few of the categories requested from donations. For details on the Food Bank visit friendsneedfood.com.
Visit pittmeadows.ca/Christmas and stay tuned to social media for more details about holiday events and registration.
For more information please contact:
Manager of Communications & Community Engagement
City of Pitt Meadows