PITT MEADOWS, BC – The City of Pitt Meadows has a full line-up of fun virtual activities online at pittmeadowsday.ca and a special 7 p.m. drive-by cheer planned to celebrate the City’s 79th Pitt Meadows Day on Saturday, June 6. Pitt Meadows Day is a highlight for the community, when residents normally come together with a parade, food trucks, entertainment and fireworks. In March, however, the City announced that Pitt Meadows Day celebrations would be postponed, due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions.
“While we will miss seeing everyone in person, we are thrilled to be celebrating the 79th annual Pitt Meadows Day with entertainment, art and activities online and a community-wide drive-by cheer,” said Mayor Bill Dingwall. “This celebration is another example of our community’s incredible talent, creativity and resiliency, even during these unusual times. We look forward to coming together to celebrate as a community once we have recovered from this pandemic and it is safe.”
This Year’s Virtual Line-up Includes:
- Community Welcome – Enjoy a warm (physically distant) welcome from Mayor and Council.
- Musical Entertainment – Now you can dance like nobody’s watching! Dance along with the amazing musical talents of Almost Famous, Todd Richard, Valley All Stars and Peter G-G.
- Pitt Meadows Proud Virtual Art Gallery Exhibit – Get ready to be inspired by local talent with the opening of the Pitt Meadows Art Gallery’s new “Pitt Meadows Proud” virtual exhibit on June 6. Twenty-one Pitt Meadows residents submitted over 80 pieces for this local exhibition. The exhibit runs online June 6 to July 19 at pittmeadows.ca/virtualgallery.
- Pitt Meadows Day Memories Community Slideshow – Feeling nostalgic? Celebrate great memories from previous Pitt Meadows Days with photos submitted by the community, along with some of our favourites from our archives and the Pitt Meadows Museum.
- Crafts – Join in crafts for four to eight-year-olds and eight to 12-year-olds with online videos and create your own “Pitt Meadows Proud” poster to decorate your windows, doors or lawn for the 7 p.m. drive-by cheer. Share your poster and tag us using #sharepittmeadows.
Pitt Meadows Proud Drive-by Cheer – 7 p.m.
- Let’s make our 7 p.m. cheer on June 6 the loudest one yet! We’ve invited MLA Lisa Beare, MP Marc Dalton, Katzie First Nation Chief Grace George, and SD42 Board Chair Korleen Carreras and Trustee Kate Sullivan to join Mayor, Council, the Fire Department and City staff at 7 p.m. for a special drive-by cheer. This one’s not only to support our health care workers and essential staff, but also to celebrate the community and everyone’s efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We’re all in this together! Cheer from your windows, doorways or front lawn, as loudly as possible, and remember to keep your physical distance.
- The route will begin outside the Wesbrooke Retirement Home to cheer up residents. Find the route map at pittmeadowsday.ca.
Remember to shop and eat locally! Find links to the City’s Economic Resiliency Campaign and Pitt Meadows Local Business and Service Guide on the event page.
Visit pittmeadowsday.ca to celebrate the 79th annual Pitt Meadows Day!
For more information please contact:
Manager of Communications & Community Engagement
City of Pitt Meadows