PITT MEADOWS, BC – Following new Public Health Officer Orders, announced on Saturday November 7, the City has suspended all group fitness, registered sports programs and facility bookings until November 23.
“The rapidly increasing numbers of COVID-19 cases are very concerning,” says Mayor Bill Dingwall. “We need everyone to do their part and to follow all health orders which will help to slow the spread of the virus. We are in this together.”
- Group fitness: registered group fitness classes at all City facilities are suspended.
- Registered sports: registered sports including pickleball, basketball, badminton and volleyball are suspended.
- Bookings at all City facilities are cancelled, including South Bonson Community Centre, the Family Recreation Centre, and Heritage Hall.
The following programs and facilities can continue to operate while following COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
- The Fitness Centre will remain open with current safety measures in place.
- Skating lessons and outdoor sports can continue. Please note that no spectators are permitted.
- The Kids Gym program will continue to operate until further notice.
- Pitt Meadows Arena continues to be open for skill development. No games or competitions will be permitted.
Our top priority is the safety of our community and our employees. The City has taken a number of steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 while working to maintain core services. We’re continuously monitoring the latest information about COVID-19 from public health authorities, and will make decisions about City services, programs, and facilities with the health and safety of our residents and our employees in mind.
City staff have notified all impacted users and organizations about programming changes and cancellations.
Updates will be posted on the City’s social media channels and pittmeadows.ca/covid19. All registered programs and facility bookings that are suspended will be issued a credit to the customer’s account. If you would like to request a refund or have questions, please email email@example.com or call 604-465-2470.
For more information and updates please contact the following resources:
- Fraser Health Authority – www.fraserhealth.ca
- BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC) – www.bccdc.ca
- Public Health Agency of Canada – www.canada.ca/publichealth
For more information please contact:
Manager of Communications & Community Engagement
City of Pitt Meadows