PITT MEADOWS, BC – Beginning September 14, the City will begin reopening select Recreation and Cultural facilities, programs, and services using a phased approach with the safety of residents and staff as a top priority.
“We are excited to announce reopening plans for our Recreation and Cultural Services,” says Mayor Bill Dingwall. “Residents will soon have access to more recreation and cultural services, which we know are a vital part of our community wellbeing.”
Modified programs and services will be introduced with staggered start dates, beginning September 14 with further services opening in two-week increments. This will ensure that staff are able to closely monitor and make operational modifications as needed.
“We appreciate continued patience from our residents as the City prepares to cautiously reopen additional facilities and programs to the public,“ says Chief Administrative Officer Mark Roberts. “Things will look different since we closed our doors in March as work continues under the guidance of the province and health authorities. New comprehensive safety measures and protocols will be in place to ensure the safety of staff and participants.”
This phased approach will see the following resume on these dates:
- August 19, 2020: Registered program guide available at pittmeadows.ca/parksandrec.
- August 31, 2020: Customer Service over the phone 604.465.2452 and email email@example.com. Registered program registration begins online pittfitandfun.ca and by phone 604.465.2470.
- September 14, 2020: Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Fitness Centre and Afterschool Kids Gym program. Facility Rentals at Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre, South Bonson Community Centre, and Heritage Hall.
- September 15, 2020: Open Art Studio at South Bonson Community Centre.
- September 19, 2020: Pitt Meadows Arena Registered Skating Lessons and Pitt Meadows Art Gallery Exhibit (in-person and online).
- September 28, 2020: Registered Adult Fitness at Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre and South Bonson Community Centre.
- October 13, 2020: Select registered Gym Sport Programs will resume.
All other services and programs will remain closed throughout this period, unless it is deemed that they can safely be reinstated while being closely assessed by staff.
As additional facilities, programs and services become available, full details and COVID-19 safety enhancements will be shared. Please visit pittmeadows.ca/parksandrec for the latest information.
City facilities were closed on March 17, following direction from BC’s Provincial Medical Health Officer to avoid any public gatherings of more than 50 people to prevent the spread of COVID-19. The City continues to follow current direction in reopening plans, procedures, and policies.
For more information please contact:
Manager of Communications & Community Engagement
City of Pitt Meadows