November 12, 2021 - Starting in early November, Metro Vancouver will begin construction of the Fraser River Crossing Project. Two new pipes will be constructed under the Fraser River that will carry wastewater from the new pump station in the City of Maple Ridge (on the north side of Golden Ears Bridge) to the treatment plant in the Township of Langley. Work will continue to late 2022 and include:
- Large vehicles and heavy equipment in the work area and on nearby roads.
- Parking restrictions.
- Traffic pattern changes and possible temporary delays.
- Construction noise and vibration.
What to expect:
- Starting the week of November 15, 2021, truck traffic will be using the route through Hammond (see map below).
- Construction hours are 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday to Saturday.
- Anticipate approximately 15 to 20 truck deliveries per day.
- Road users are asked to please use caution while in the area and follow sign directions and traffic control personnel.
- Ongoing environmental monitoring, including vibration monitoring and regular assessments for the roadways and dyke, will occur.
For more information or to to sign up for email updates, visit metrovancouver.org/fraserrivercrossing.