March 29, 2021 COVID-19 UDPATE
The Provincial Health Officer made an announcement restricting all formats of group fitness taking effect March 29 at midnight until April 19. Any registered participants effected will be issued credits or refunds upon request.
At this phase of Recreation Services reopening, following guidance by the Provincial Health Officer and local sport organizations, drop-in participation programs will not be resuming at this time. We have implemented a variety of registered programs to accommodate this need. These programs will not be covered by membership.
Online Fillable Physical Activity Readiness Questionnaire for Everyone (PAR-Q+)
Following Provincial Health Officer guidelines, and aligning with what has been implemented in organized sports and the school system, participation will be in cohorts (the registered participant list).
All Parks and Recreation services are subsidized by the tax base and continue to be, but we must recover the cost of the instructor for these programs.
During COVID-19, expenses have gone up while revenues have gone down due to closures. We must be fiscally responsible and, in order to continue to offer a model of group fitness and sport programming, we must cost recover (break even). This decision was not made to generate revenue, but to allow us to pay an instructor to return and offer this service. With a guaranteed number of registrants, we are able to execute this service, which would not be feasible relying on daily varying drop-in participation.
As the COVID-19 situation remains fluid, so must our response to operating. When direction is received from Provincial Health Authorities to operate in a different manner, we will adapt our services accordingly in a way where we can safely and cost effectively provide the service to our community.
- Reactivate your pass for use of the Fitness Centre only (Phone PMFRC 604.465.2470, or email firstname.lastname@example.org) starting August 31 to request reactivation. Staff will reactivate the pass and email members the required Informed Consent Form. This must be completed and returned to Recreation staff on or before the first visit.
- Withdraw the membership and have a credit placed on your Parks, Recreation and Culture account. The credit can be used towards future purchase of programs or services (Phone PMFRC 604.465.2470 or email email@example.com) starting August 31 to request the pass be withdrawn and member account credited.
- Request a refund (refunds are processed by cheque only and will be mailed). Customers wishing to be refunded should email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the refund. Include your current mailing address in the email to expedite processing. Refund requests may take longer than normal to process.
- Leave your pass on hold (no additional action required)
- Participants must bring their own mat, and props including blanket, bolster or blocks for formats that require equipment (ie: yoga).
- Participants will be required to have a health screening prior to each class. An informed consent form will need to be signed before the first class.
- Access to classes at the Rec Centre will be outside the Multipurpose Room doors, not through main entrances. South Bonson classes will enter at main doors
- Travel light! Come dressed to workout, change rooms are closed. Anything participants bring will need to stay in their 6x6 workout pods.
- Bring a water bottle, refill stations are open but water fountains are closed.
- Stay home if you have the cold, flu, or COVID-19 symptoms.