Pitt Meadows is the Natural Place where parks, open spaces, sports fields and green spaces are key to the way of life in the city. Pitt Meadows Park Projects objectives include:
- maintain and improve several different types of trails to accommodate more usage, provide transportation alternatives, and increase interconnectivity;
- protect areas with significant environmental value, and provide outdoor recreation opportunities;
- design parks to be safe with opportunities for a wide variety of activities, age groups, and ability levels, keeping current with trends;
- meet the athletic and safety needs of sports user groups consistent with typical standards for sport fields;
- design and maintain existing neighbourhood playgrounds while exploring innovative opportunities for the future.
The City of Pitt Meadows has developed the Parks, Recreation and Culture Master Plan, which provides engagement opportunities that will play a part in the process of creating a multi-year guiding plan for the future of these service areas. The final Master Plan document was adopted by Council at the Council Meeting on November 23, 2021 and is available here.
Is there a project happening in your area you don't see listed here? Metro Vancouver maintains spaces in our community and may be responsible for maintenance and projects you see happening or maybe requesting information about. View Metro Vancouver park areas here.
The following list includes the creation of new parks, as well as the improvement and maintenance projects of existing parks.