Planning & Development Services provides a range of services relating to land development as directed by the Official Community Plan (OCP) and Council’s Strategic Plan. This department strives to build a community that is sustainable, connects people through public spaces, develops neighbourhoods that foster our small town character and achieves a sense of connection. It also works to integrate environmental protection into planning, to ensure the City is not only compliant, but also a municipal leader.
- Building and Licensing
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Short and long-term community planning.
- Processing development applications including zoning amendments (rezoning), subdivision, OCP amendments, strata title conversion, development and variance permits.
- Building permitting and inspection services.
- Licensing for businesses and dogs.
- Bylaw enforcement and community outreach.
- Environmental stewardship and protection of natural assets.
Learn more about this department's leadership:
Anne Berry - Director, Planning & Development
As the Director of Planning & Development Services, Anne oversees a range of municipal services relating to land development and environmental stewardship as directed by the Official Community Plan and Council’s Strategic Plan.
Anne previously worked in various planning positions in Pitt Meadows over a 10-year span, most recently as the Manager of Development Services and therefore, she brings a wealth of corporate knowledge and Pitt Meadows experience.
In 2016, she accepted a promotion as the Director of Planning and Community Services on Vancouver Island with the District of North Saanich but, her heart drew her back to Pitt Meadows where she feels strongly connected.
She has a bachelor’s degree in Geography, is a certified member of the Canadian Institute of Planners, and has attained a certificate in Local Government Administration.