Planning & Development Services provides a range of services relating to land development as directed by the Official Community Plan (OCP) and Council’s Strategic Plan. This department strives to build a community that is sustainable, connects people through public spaces, develops neighbourhoods that foster our small town character and achieves a sense of connection. It also works to integrate environmental protection into planning, to ensure the City is not only compliant, but also a municipal leader.
- Building and Licensing
- Bylaw Enforcement
- Short and long-term community planning.
- Processing development applications including zoning amendments (rezoning), subdivision, OCP amendments, strata title conversion, development and variance permits.
- Building permitting and inspection services.
- Licensing for businesses and dogs.
- Bylaw enforcement and community outreach.
- Environmental stewardship and protection of natural assets.
Bio coming soon ...