Administrative Services provides legislative, administrative, and customer service support to Council, City committees, the Chief Administrative Officer, and the public. The department connects these groups providing access to information about Council and committee meetings and decisions, and City business and services. The department also ensures that the City adheres to provincial legislation, such as the Community Charter and Local Government Act.
- Customer Service
- Executive Assistant to the Mayor & CAO
- Legislative Services
- Provide assistance and support to the public through the Customer Service counter and main phone line at City Hall.
- Provide administrative support to the Mayor, Council and the Chief Administrative Officer, including first point of contact for community members, scheduling, correspondence
- management, and project coordination.
- Prepare meeting agendas and minutes for Council and City committee meetings.
- Ensure the smooth flow of all Council and City committee meetings.
- Ensure the safe storage of, and public access to, all official records of the City including bylaws, policies, Council agendas and minutes, and other important documents.
- Manage the City’s insurance and risk management program and related claims.
- Administer the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act on behalf of the City.
- Conduct the local government election every four years.
Learn more about this department's leadership:
Kate Barchard - Corporate Officer
As the Manager of Administrative Services and the Corporate Officer for the City, Kate is a member of the City’s Corporate Leadership Team and works closely with Council, other departments and the general public. Kate leads the front-line Customer Service team at City Hall and the Legislative Services team responsible for agenda production, council meeting preparations, and advisory committee support. She also provides legislative and parliamentarian guidance to Council and staff, oversees Freedom of Information requests, and is the staff liaison for legal and liability issues for the City.
Kate has been instrumental in overseeing the review and development of a new governance and committee structure to improve community engagement and transparency. She brings over 15 years of experience in systems and policy development, records management, business writing, project management, customer service, and change management. Previously, Kate served as the Executive Assistant to the Mayor and Chief Administrative Officer.
Outside of the office, Kate finds great pleasure in traveling, gardening, and spending time with her family.
"Having grown up in Pitt Meadows, I'm delighted to be back in this beautiful City to contribute to its success and well-being." - Kate Barchard