The City of Pitt Meadows offers many classes and activities for seniors to stay active and meet new people.
At the Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre, classes and pre-registered programs are tailored to personal needs and abilities. Located behind the Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre is the Pitt Meadows Seniors Activity Centre. Here, you can keep your mind, body and spirit active!
Popular activities that the Pitt Meadows Family Recreation Centre for ages 50Y+ include:
- 50Y+ Low Impact (workout at a decreased pace/impact to protect joints. This is also a great option if you are new to fitness or are pregnant and wanting to take a class!)
- 50Y+ 20/20/20 (20 minutes of cardio, 20 minutes of strength training, and 20 minutes of stretching and core work at a decreased pace)
- Harris Road Outdoor Pool (July-Sept).
The Pitt Meadows Seniors Activity Centre offers a variety of activities and classes such as:
- Table Tennis
- Tai Chi
- Chair Yoga
- Iceless Curling
- Hatha Yoga (pre-registration required)
- Osteofit (pre-registration required)
- Stay Fit 1, 2
- Walking Club
- Rhythm & Reach
- Flamenco Dance.
For more information about Pitt Meadows Seniors Activity Centre memberships or drop-in fees, call 604.477.0425, or visit them in person at 19065 119b Ave, Pitt Meadows.
To view where the Pitt Meadows Seniors Activity Centre is located on a map, please visit the Parks and Facilities page.