Updated May 6, 2022 - Metro Vancouver began construction of the Fraser River Crossing Project in early November, 2021. Two new pipes will be constructed under the Fraser River that will carry wastewater from the new pump station in the City of Maple Ridge (on the north side of Golden Ears Bridge) to the treatment plant in the Township of Langley. Work will continue to early 2023 and includes:
- Large vehicles and heavy equipment in the work area and on nearby roads.
- Parking restrictions.
- Traffic pattern changes and possible temporary delays.
- Construction noise and vibration.
What to expect:
- Crews are currently working 24 hours a day, seven days a week when necessary. The majority of construciton will take place between 7am and 8pm. When possible, noisier activities will be limited to daytime hours.
- Anticipate approximately 15 to 20 truck deliveries per day.
- Road users are asked to please use caution while in the area and follow sign directions and traffic control personnel.
- Ongoing environmental monitoring, including vibration monitoring and regular assessments for the roadways and dike, will occur.
For concerns, questions or comments please contact Metro Vancouver’s Community Liaison via phone or email at 604-432-6200 or email@example.com and include Fraser River Crossing in the subject line. For more information or to to sign up for email updates, visit metrovancouver.org/fraserrivercrossing.