The Official Community Plan (OCP) is a long range (20 year) guide for the municipality that helps Council in making decisions on matters such as land use and growth, transportation, agricultural preservation, economic development, and housing. The OCP works together with the Regional Growth Strategy (RGS), administered by Metro Vancouver, the regional government body, and must be consistent with the RGS.
Reviewing our Official Community Plan
Pitt Meadows’ OCP was created in 2008 and although there have been changes made since then, there
has never been a full review since its adoption.
During 2018 and 2019, Pitt Meadows is engaging the community in I See Pitt Meadows 2040 –
a comprehensive update of the Official Community Plan (OCP) that will guide development and decision-making over the next 20 years.
The City's OCP is currently undergoing a full review, and we are seeking input from everyone in Pitt Meadows. Help us and be a part of creating the vision and values for our community's future!
OCP Draft Land Use Plan: Your Vision. Our Community
We’ve developed a draft land use plan and policies that is based on extensive input from the public, stakeholders, and Council as part of the Official Community Plan Update. This plan will help guide future decisions about our community.
COVID-19 UPDATE - Following direction from BC’s Chief Medical Health Officer to avoid any public gatherings of more than 50 people, the City has made the difficult to decision to close City facilities and to cancel events. The intention of these closures and cancellations are to ensure the safety of residents by limiting gatherings where social distancing can’t be controlled. For the latest information, visit pittmeadows.ca/covid19 or the City’s social media channels.
There will be an opportunity to provide feedback online at haveyoursaypittmeadows.ca.
Stay tuned for more information on our website and social media channels.
For a summary and overview of the OCP review process including where we are at and what we have heard so far visit, I See Pitt Meadows 2040: Official Community Plan Update.
Overall, reviewing and updating the OCP is a six-phase process that is taking place over approximately two years. For more information, please see the Detailed OCP Update Timeline.
Council Reports and Presentations
- Pitt Meadows 2040: Official Community Plan Review Council Update, July 2019
- Community Engagement Visioning Summary and Draft Official Community Plan Vision, February 2019
- Official Community Plan Public Consultation Strategy, April 2018
- Official Community Plan 2018 Review Scoping Report, November 2017
For your convenience, the following sections have been extracted to facilitate a quicker download.
- Section 1 - Introduction
- Section 2 - Community Overview
- Section 3 - Regional Context Statement
- Section 4 - Policies
- Section 5 - Land Use Designations
- Section 6 - Development Permit Areas
- 6.1 Development Permit Area No. 1
Environment & Wildfire Protection
- 6.2 Development Permit Area No. 2
Pitt Meadows Marina
- 6.3 Development Permit Area No. 3
- 6.4 Development Permit Area No. 4
- 6.5 Development Permit Area No. 5
- 6.6 Development Permit Area No. 6
- 6.7 Development Permit Area No. 7
- 6.8 Development Permit Area No. 8
South Lougheed Commercial
- 6.9 Development Permit Area No. 9
- 6.10 Development Permit Area No. 10
North Lougheed Commercial
- 6.11 Development Permit Area No. 11
- 6.12 Development Permit Area No. 12
Barnston View Road
- 6.1 Development Permit Area No. 1
- Schedule 1 - Urban Containment Boundary & Agricultural Land Reserve
- Schedule 2 - Green Zone
- Schedule 3A - Urban Land Use
- Schedule 3B - Rural Land Use
- Schedule 4A - Urban Road Network
- Schedule 4B - Rural Road Network
- Schedule 5A - Urban Cycling and Trail Network
- Schedule 5B - Rural Cycling and Trail Network
- Schedule 6A - Urban Water Network
- Schedule 6B - Rural Water Network
- Schedule 7 - Sanitary Sewer Network
- Schedule 8 - Drainage Catchment Areas
- Schedule 9 - Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- Schedule 10 - Floodplain Map
- Schedule 11A - Urban Community Heritage Register Buildings
- Schedule 11B - Rural Community Heritage Register Buildings
- Schedule 12A - Urban Development Permit Areas
- Schedule 12B - Rural Development Permit Areas