The Official Community Plan (OCP) is a long range (20 year) guide for the municipality that helps Council in making decisions on matters such as land use and growth, transportation, agricultural preservation, economic development, and housing. The OCP works together with the Regional Growth Strategy (RGS), administered by Metro Vancouver, the regional government body, and must be consistent with the RGS.
Reviewing our Official Community Plan
Pitt Meadows’ OCP was created in 2008 and although there have been changes made since then, there
has never been a full review since its adoption.
During 2018 and 2019, Pitt Meadows is engaging the community in I See Pitt Meadows 2040 –
a comprehensive update of the Official Community Plan (OCP) that will guide development and decision-making over the next 20 years.
The City's OCP is currently undergoing a full review, and we are seeking input from everyone in Pitt Meadows. Help us and be a part of creating the vision and values for our community's future!
Engagement Events and Opportunities
Housing and Community Growth Council Workshop Tuesday, June 25, 2019
Hear Council's thoughts on the future of residential development in Pitt Meadows in a facilitated exercise.
When: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 beginning at 7 pm.
Where: Engagement and Priorities Committee Meeting, Meadows Room, City Hall
Interactive Housing and Community Growth Maps, Survey and Background information
The City is currently exploring housing and community growth issues in Pitt Meadows. Visit Have Your Say Pitt Meadows! to provide your own thoughts and ideas on this important topic in a series of interactive maps and a survey. In case you missed the Housing and Community Growth Forum on Saturday, June 15, here are the information boards from the event. They will provide you with background information regarding housing in Pitt Meadows.
Online Discussion Papers & Surveys
What could the future look like for Pitt Meadows? What are your priorities? Review the online
discussion papers and take a short survey to have your say! Visit pittmeadows.ca/OCPpapers.
North Lougheed Study Area Public Engagement
The City is exploring options for new land uses for the North Lougheed Study Area (NLSA) and we need your ideas! Throughout the summer of 2019, the City is seeking community feedback in order to develop a revised land use concept that better meets community needs. Stop by our pop-up engagement events to share your thoughts and get an update on next steps.
- Saturday, July 6, from 8-11am at the Silver Bridge Parking Lot on Harris Road on the south side of the Alouette River (weather dependent);
- Thursday, July 18, from 3-6:30pm at the Family Rec Centre; and
- Sunday, July 28, from 3-7pm at the Family Rec Centre.
For more information: pittmeadows.ca/NLSA
For a summary and overview of the OCP review process including where we are at and what we have heard so far visit, I See Pitt Meadows 2040: Official Community Plan Update.
Overall, reviewing and updating the OCP is a six-phase process that is taking place over approximately two years. For more information, please see the Detailed OCP Update Timeline.
To provide feedback, check out Have Your Say today!
- Community Engagement Visioning Summary and Draft Official Community Plan Vision, February 2019
- Official Community Plan Public Consultation Strategy, April 2018
- Official Community Plan 2018 Review Scoping Report, November 2017
For your convenience, the following sections have been extracted to facilitate a quicker download.
- Section 1 - Introduction
- Section 2 - Community Overview
- Section 3 - Regional Context Statement
- Section 4 - Policies
- Section 5 - Land Use Designations
- Section 6 - Development Permit Areas
- 6.1 Development Permit Area No. 1
Environment & Wildfire Protection
- 6.2 Development Permit Area No. 2
Pitt Meadows Marina
- 6.3 Development Permit Area No. 3
- 6.4 Development Permit Area No. 4
- 6.5 Development Permit Area No. 5
- 6.6 Development Permit Area No. 6
- 6.7 Development Permit Area No. 7
- 6.8 Development Permit Area No. 8
South Lougheed Commercial
- 6.9 Development Permit Area No. 9
- 6.10 Development Permit Area No. 10
North Lougheed Commercial
- 6.11 Development Permit Area No. 11
- 6.12 Development Permit Area No. 12
Barnston View Road
- 6.1 Development Permit Area No. 1
- Schedule 1 - Urban Containment Boundary & Agricultural Land Reserve
- Schedule 2 - Green Zone
- Schedule 3A - Urban Land Use
- Schedule 3B - Rural Land Use
- Schedule 4A - Urban Road Network
- Schedule 4B - Rural Road Network
- Schedule 5A - Urban Cycling and Trail Network
- Schedule 5B - Rural Cycling and Trail Network
- Schedule 6A - Urban Water Network
- Schedule 6B - Rural Water Network
- Schedule 7 - Sanitary Sewer Network
- Schedule 8 - Drainage Catchment Areas
- Schedule 9 - Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- Schedule 10 - Floodplain Map
- Schedule 11A - Urban Community Heritage Register Buildings
- Schedule 11B - Rural Community Heritage Register Buildings
- Schedule 12A - Urban Development Permit Areas
- Schedule 12B - Rural Development Permit Areas