How do I pay a Bylaw Offence Notice?

There are a number of ways you can pay a Bylaw Offence Notice:

  • Pay Online: Online payments can be made via your account.   We accept Visa or Mastercard only.
  • Pay by Mail: Cheque or money order only. Please make your cheque or money order payable to the City of Pitt Meadows. Mail to: Pitt Meadows City Hall, 12007 Harris Rd, Pitt Meadows, BC  V3Y 2B5
  • Pay in Person:  By Interac, Visa, Mastercard, cash or cheque at: Pitt Meadows City Hall (12007 Harris Road). City Hall is open

    8:30am to 4:30pm - Monday to Friday (Closed Saturday, Sunday and all statutory holidays)

More information about how to pay a Bylaw Offence Notice is available here.

Can someone park in front of my house and for how long?

Parking is permitted on city streets except where signage or traffic control devices indicate otherwise.  Parking over 72 hours is not permitted.

How close can I park to a driveway (residential/commercial)?

Vehicles cannot be parked closer than 1.5M to a driveway.

Can you park an unlicensed vehicle on the street?

No.  Vehicles must be insured (licensed), per the Motor Vehicle Act.

What can I do about noise within a Strata property?

Noise within a strata (e.g., apartment or townhouse complex) is regulated and enforced by the strata, unless the noise disturbance complaint originates from outside the strata parcel.

What are the times for commercial construction noise?

7:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday - Saturday.  There is no construction permitted on Sundays and statutory holidays.

How do I report a dog barking complaint?

Residents who are disturbed by barking dogs can submit a detailed noise complaint to the Bylaw Enforcement department.  Please include the address where the dog lives, the dates, times and duration of the barking.  The Officer will request you fill out the noise log which supports the investigation. 

Once you have completed a noise log, submit the log to the bylaw enforcement department and an officer will investigate.  You can submit the log by email, drop off at City Hall during regular business hours, or mail to:

City of Pitt Meadows (Attn: Bylaw Department)
12007 Harris Road
Pitt Meadows, BC
V3Y 2B5

Noise Log Template

When/where do I need to leash my dog?

Dogs must be leashed at all times when out in public except at the off leash parks.  Pitt Meadows has two off leash dog parks as well as a portion of the dike.

  • Hoffmann Park – off leash area
  • North Bonson Park (beside Davy Jones Elementary School) – off leash area
  • Dike trail from Pitt River bridge north to the Marina; then continues on the other side of the Alouette River north to the Fenton Pump Station.

When/how do I purchase a dog licence?

Dog licences can be purchased at City Hall.  Licences must be purchased by February 1 of the current year.  Dogs under six months do not require a license.

How do I report wildlife concerns to BC Conservation?

Wildlife concerns and bear sightings should be reported to the Conservation Office RAPP line at 1.877.952.7277.

Are backyard chickens allowed in Pitt Meadows?

Chickens are farm animals.  They may be kept on properties in the agricultural zone but are not permitted in residential zones.   Chickens and chicken feed can attract wildlife, including coyotes and bears.

Are secondary suites permitted n Pitt Meadows?

Secondary suites are permitted in Pitt Meadows with applicable permits, as long as the property is not in the flood plain.

Do I need a business licence in Pitt Meadows?

If you conduct business with Pitt Meadows, you are required to have a valid Pitt Meadows business licence.

How do I obtain a business licence?

Business licence application forms are available at City Hall at 12007 Harris Road.

What are the consequences of operating without a business licence?

You can be fined up to $200.00 per day.

How long is a business licence valid?

Business licenses are issued for one calendar year, January 1 – December 31.  The licence fee is pro-rated on August 1 for new businesses.

Was this page helpful?