Engineering & Operations is responsible for the design, planning, construction and maintenance of the City’s infrastructure including the transportation network, sewer and water systems, facilities and flood protection. In addition, the department oversees several major capital and infrastructure projects for the City including the New Fire Hall Replacement Project and the Pitt Meadows Road and Rail Improvements Project.
- Operations (Public Works)
- Plan and manage City capital and infrastructure projects, including repairs, renewals and replacements.
- Operate and plan the City’s transportation network, including roads, bridges and sidewalks.
- Review engineering aspects of development applications.
- Provide water, sewer and drainage services.
- Oversee dike maintenance and flood mitigation measures.
- Maintain fleet and equipment infrastructure.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of City facilities.
- Oversee garbage and green waste collection.
As the Director of the Engineering & Operations Services, Samantha is responsible for the engineering design, planning, construction and maintenance of the City's infrastructure including the transportation network, sewer and water systems, facilities and flood protection. In addition, she is overseeing several major capital and infrastructure projects for the City including the new Fire Hall replacement project and the Pitt Meadows Road and Rail Improvements project.
“Our department provides and maintains essential municipal services and infrastructure for our community, while creating an inviting place that enhances quality of life for our residents,” she says.
Samantha grew up on the north shore and gained first-hand experience in construction by flipping and renovating houses with her family. This sparked an interest and led to her pursuing a career in engineering. Samantha graduated from UBC’s civil engineering program and previously worked at the City of Vancouver and then at an Engineering consulting firm for seven years.
After joining the City of Pitt Meadows as a Project Engineer, Samantha was promoted to Director in 2018. She has proven to be a strong leader, valuable member of the Corporate Leadership Team and well respected amongst her peers.
Samantha resides in Pitt Meadows and can often be found outdoors exploring the City’s extensive trail network with her dog, Cooper.