The Process

When filing a complaint, please be prepared to provide as much detail as possible about the complaint, including:

  • address or location of the property involved
  • date and time when the violation was first observed
  • detailed description of the violation
  • if applicable, a description of the motor vehicle and licence plate identification


Filing a Complaint by Phone

Call the Bylaw Department at 604.465.2428

Regular business hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays).  If you are reporting your complaint after hours, please leave a detailed voice mail and a Bylaw Enforcement Officer will contact you.


File a Complaint in Writing or In Person

City of Pitt Meadows
Bylaw Enforcement Department
12007 Harris Road
Pitt Meadows, BC
V3Y 2B5


File a Complaint by Email

Address email complaints to

The City does not accept anonymous complaints.  Bylaw Enforcement keeps the identity of every complainant confidential unless the complainant has agreed to be identified.  When submitting a request for service, we ask that you have the exact address where the alleged violation has occurred.  We are unable to attend complaints based on description of a house or area.

The City’s Bylaw Enforcement Officers will investigate your complaint as soon as possible.  In most instances, Bylaw Enforcement Officers are successful in obtaining voluntary compliance with City bylaws.  However, there are some cases that require additional enforcement.  While you may not always feel that your concerns are being addressed quickly enough, please note that when an individual does not voluntarily comply, there are formal legal requirements that must be followed and, unfortunately, they can take time.  The City appreciates your patience in bylaw enforcement matters.


Strata Properties

If your complaint pertains to a strata property such as a townhome or mobile homes, you must forward your complaint to the management company or the strata council.  If you are not a resident of the strata property (i.e. you live at a neighbouring property), you may phone the City for assistance.

Was this page helpful?